The official tattoo thread - Page 11 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #101 (permalink)
Knighted Member

These pictures don't do it justice, but here's the line work/shading from today:

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #102 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I thought I would add some of my pics. I will add my others here later.

Last edited by Gharrissc; 07-23-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 04:00 AM   #103 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Last edited by Gharrissc; 07-23-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #104 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've been waiting to post here (: This is the design (drawn by yours truly!) for the first half of my first tattoo:

And here is the tattoo I designed for Matt (we're getting them at the same time by the end of the year):

And part of Matt's current tattoo (he got it before our date, and it continues on his chest >.>):
Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #105 (permalink)

WOW I am so excited to get home and post mine....
I have 8, nothing huge nothing fancy like most of yours!
1. When I was 16 I thought it would be a good idea to get Marvin the Martian on my calf, so he is there...
2. Mom inside a heart with a rose and butterflies over my heart for my mom
3. POPPA with a cross for my grandfather who passed when I was 15
4. Tribal lion head on my upper shoulder
5. two lions cuddled up on my inner forearm (will be covered soon)
6. An ambigram that says FAITH and upside down it says HOPE down my outter forearm (my favorite one)
and 7 and 8 are shamrocks on my bicepts that are sectioned off and colored green/black like a nautical star, so nautical shamrocks?

My next will either cover the lions on my arm or be for my daughter. I was working on one but there is one in this forum that actually inspiried me to re work it. JessieWessie99- My wife and I had a beauty and the beast themed wedding (i know ) and our song was "like red on a rose" by alan jackson. The red rose has been a running theme with my family. My daughters name is even Hannah Rose! The tattoo I was working on was very much like yours but yours flows and has better shading than the one I am working on. You have given me some things to think about in my design phase. I will post pics of all my tats later as well as some that I am working on as well!! MAN GSD's and TATTOOS!!! i LOVE this forum!!!!!
wink-_-wink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #106 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I LOVE this thread. As an artist, I love any type of artwork. Plus, I adore tattoos. My husband has four, I have ZERO. However, I have two planned.

First one is going to be a tribute to my Hunter (my heartdog... <3)... I am trying to decide between his paw print, a silhouette of him stacked and portrait of him - any of those with his name.

Second is a stalking / hunter dominant wolf, from a photograph I took myself.

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #107 (permalink)
Elite Member

Guess I'll show mine off too then! lol

1st is a picture of stars on my foot, it was my high school graduation gift from my father (It's actually not complete yet, it's going to continue on to a pentagram on my calf to represent life, but I just keep pushing it to the side haha)

2nd one is the Egyptian cat goddess Bast on my lower back, a 21st birthday gift from my father. Represents my connection to cats, my love for Ancient Egypt, and she is the protector of women.

3rd one is stars behind my ear, another gift from my father (notice a trend here? lol), when he took me to sturgis for the first time he wanted me to get a tattoo for the occasion

4th one is my sister's and my zodiac signs, we both got matching ones (I'm Aries and she is Gemini)

5th one, Zeke's paw prints down my thigh, a 23rd birthday gift from... you guessed it... my father :P

And the most recent one, a black widow from my last trip to sturgis. ANOTHER gift from my father, it's a tattoo for him. He has a black widow on his stomach, and growing up as a little kid it was our inside joke that I would "swat the spider" and run up and smack his stomach.

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #108 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I love the cat and paw prints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Star View Post
Guess I'll show mine off too then! lol

1st is a picture of stars on my foot, it was my high school graduation gift from my father (It's actually not complete yet, it's going to continue on to a pentagram on my calf to represent life, but I just keep pushing it to the side haha)

2nd one is the Egyptian cat goddess Bast on my lower back, a 21st birthday gift from my father. Represents my connection to cats, my love for Ancient Egypt, and she is the protector of women.

3rd one is stars behind my ear, another gift from my father (notice a trend here? lol), when he took me to sturgis for the first time he wanted me to get a tattoo for the occasion

4th one is my sister's and my zodiac signs, we both got matching ones (I'm Aries and she is Gemini)

5th one, Zeke's paw prints down my thigh, a 23rd birthday gift from... you guessed it... my father :P

And the most recent one, a black widow from my last trip to sturgis. ANOTHER gift from my father, it's a tattoo for him. He has a black widow on his stomach, and growing up as a little kid it was our inside joke that I would "swat the spider" and run up and smack his stomach.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #109 (permalink)
Elite Member

Thank you

MY next tattoo is the one I'm most looking forward to, a tribal style orca going down my right side

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackviolet View Post
Pics, ideas, questions, experiences, advice, discussions etc, all welcome!

Since no one started one yet, and we were starting to overrun the "Show Yourself" thread, it seems like we need a thread just for tattoos. So this will be the definitive thread, and we can come back and update it, and people can keep posting their work. How fun!

Please try to upload your pics to a site where your bandwidth won't always be exceeded. It's so frustrating to go through the thread later and not be able to see anything.

So I guess I'll start!

First tat ever, when I was 18. It's on my outer left thigh:

It's the only one that REALLY faded and blurred pretty badly. I've never gotten it touched up because I'm either going to get my legs tatted and it'll end up covered, or for years I've been thinking I'll probably get roses that climb my outer thigh from ankle to hip, and if it's faded, it'll be easier to incorporate it.

Wow, what a lousy, tiny pic, but this is the 2nd tat I ever got, on my right shoulder. It's a f*cked up fairy, haha:

Here's a pic of me getting that tattoo (can't believe it was 11 years ago!):

A tattered angel on the left shoulder. I didn't like how bright she seemed at first (this pic was quite fresh), I thought the red and purple were kinda weird, when my entire back is mostly black and gray with hints of color. But as promised, when totally healed, she actually darkened up.

The teardrop shaped tat in the lower center of my back:

As you can see, I had a running theme with naked girls curled up on the ground.

Here's a line from a dorky poem I wrote when I was young. This is is a little embarrassing to share, because it's so "gawth" and not very good, but whatever. You can see why it had to go on my lower back, beneath the teadrop:

"Muddy, hiding beneath sad, stark limbs, I feel so lost.
Sinking, I curl into myself, held by sorrow's frost.
Forlorn light beams down, glowing coldly on a still scene.
An icy world of quiet mourning; solemn stones lean.
Tears streaming, I'm betrayed by what lies beneath my skin.
Torn and bare, shivering and naked, I die again.
Stars glisten as bright as tears in the wake of violence.
In the cold blue end, we are all swallowed by silence."

I created the font, but the artist simplified it and wanted to use an ampersand. Wish I hadn't agreed. Oh well.

You can also see why this goes along with that same imagery (a line from another old poem - or two):

See how the angel's wings darkened up when healed (on the left)?

I had so many individual tattoos, I was looking like a patchwork quilt! I wanted to bring them all into one cohesive piece, so the tree branches out of the teardrop shape mand wraps around the other tattoos. Eventually, it'll wrap around everything, but it's not done. It's been YEARS since I've had any work.

You can't tell, but the branches/vines have eyes in them that look like knots in the wood, and there are violets.

Here are the only real pics I have of the front. The vines will eventually wrap around my hips and ribs on both sides, and around my shoulders/chest to incorporate the tat around my collar. He shaped them to accentuate my body, and these pics really show that.

***Photos Removed by Admin***

My tummy says, "Nothing can erase the damage done." I wanted to do it in my own writing, but I tried, and with the spacing and sizing and all of that, it was impossible to make it look decent. So I found a font that looked very similar to my handwriting, and altered it, to make it more like my writing. It's very close, but better. Love it.
(Please ignore the ridiculous push-up bra, haha)

Oh, and a super old one, where you can sorta see the vines under my boob better, without the bra in the way:

My collar says, "My soul brings tears to angelic eyes."

This is in a weird spot. I wanted it on my arm, so I'll always see it, but I want sleeves eventually too. I have small arms, and not much good flat space, haha. So I put it on the inside side of my forearm. It's a twisty spot, and it almost always looks crooked in one direction or another. The placement seems a bit silly since nothing else is there, but when I SOMEDAY get sleeves, it'll be fine.

‎"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can ...be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
-Goethe

My mom hates it because she doesn't think it's pretty enough. My husband thinks it's a bit weird, because all of the rest of my quotes are done in more decorative fonts. He said, "It's very plain. It's written like a fact." I said, "EXACTLY."

I definitely plan on full sleeves, but that will be a long time away. I'm sorta saving that for last. Besides, I need to finish my back. When all of the vines are done, then I'm going to take whatever background is still skin, and make it like a pile of dead leaves. Just really muted fall colors of rust and brown and yellow and stuff, to help make all of my blues and purples stand out more. Right now, it's so much black/gray and blue and purple, it's all sorta blah together. It needs some opposing colors.

I'm also REALLY thinking that I want to get the backs of both legs, from ankles to the crease under my butt done solid, with lots of dark and vibrant colors, but tons of detail - ALL HALLOWEEN THEMED, and/or something like the graveyard scene at the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.

I'll probably get my neck done too, but that will wait as well. I'm still not positive on what I want yet.

But alas, that all takes money - which I never have.

YOUR TURN!!
Well for privacy reason I am not going to put pictures of my tattoos on this forum. I do have pin ups of me that show my tattoos, but I pretty much don't want to show here.

I have my whole chest tattooed, yep each and every spot (all my tattoos accept one are attached to each other, and are REALLY colorfull
). I have two blue bows in green webs with tons of roses, flowers and a skull (new school).. all my tattooes have a tropical look to them. Plus my chest tattoo is pretty much like huge necklace.. I got it done from a really good tattoo artist that I know, and I do not regret it.

Then I have half my arm tattooed (for now) I have a naked hawaiian pin up, on the beach, near palm trees, with a beautiful sun set (still new school). I also have a parrot tattoo... which is still really beautiful. Then I have on my lower arm a old school sacred heart key lock tattoo. That I am so proud of.

I love tattoos, and I can't wait to get more, but there are some places that I do not like tattoos on myself like the face area.

One last thing for everyone I think when you get a tattoo done allways go to someone really good. It is not worth spending little for something that is suposed to be on you for the rest of your life.

Last edited by prockerb; 09-07-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling
prockerb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.