Breeding Chief - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Breeding Chief

So the other day I had a guy ask me if I would breed Chief. I said no. He said why not he would be good. I said no because he wouldn't pass on good traits that should be passed on to pups to make the breed better and continue to give them a bad name. Here is what got me. He said he didn't care. He wanted to breed Chief with a pitbull. Of course I said not a chance and kept going.

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Good for you! I once had a guy stop me on the street and ask me to let him breed his female boxer to my male GSD. I just laughed and kept walking. He then told me to wait so he could bring her out, that she was in heat right now, and I walked even faster away. LOL.

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Someone wanted to breed their male to my female because she was a black GSD. That was the only reason!

She was a receptionist at a company my dad was hiring for some work and he mentioned my dog for some unknown reason, and she actually asked him for my phone number and called me out of the clear blue sky.

Never saw my dog, didn't know her bloodlines, temperament/health etc. Didn't care.
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

there is always ads on craigslist like this
makes me sick and very sad

its like there is a huge disconnect between poor temperaments or behavior and poor health and backyard breeding
the people looking for studs or to breed their dogs are not even aware of how bad the puppies can turn out
my boy diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Our puppy is just over 3 months old. He's already had a few offers. People be crazy!
McWeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I had a lady call me out of the clear blue sky wanting to breed her dog to mine only because she was a black GSD.

She got my number from my dad, he was talking to her about my dog for whatever reason.

Didn't care about health, temperament or anything, just that she was a black GSD. :/
Old 09-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

WTF, my post disappeared, so I retyped it and now it's back with other posts. lol
Old 09-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

I had a couple people ask me about breeding Kaiju when he was 5 or 6 months old because they wanted a long haired GSD. One guy actually got mad at me when I just flat out said no and started screaming at me while I was walking away. Another one said he'd throw in an extra $200 on top of a stud fee if I went to dinner with him while we left the dogs in the yard. :/ I promptly informed him he would be tased if he stepped any closer.
Pax8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax8 View Post
I had a couple people ask me about breeding Kaiju when he was 5 or 6 months old because they wanted a long haired GSD. One guy actually got mad at me when I just flat out said no and started screaming at me while I was walking away. Another one said he'd throw in an extra $200 on top of a stud fee if I went to dinner with him while we left the dogs in the yard. :/ I promptly informed him he would be tased if he stepped any closer.
ROFL I would have said yes.
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

One of my male wolf shepherds was our "wolf in shepherd's clothing"--red and black, thick, thick coat, tho not really long coated, ears nearly normal GSD size, lots of bone, taller than most GSDs, and did I mention beautiful? Definite wolfy temperament, though. And did I mention beautiful? Anyway, some guy walking his female GSD down the highway once stopped and asked me if he could breed her to my boy and said she was in heat. I told him no, that we don't breed, never have, never will... He got so angry, shouting, throwing his arms around, that I just took my boy inside and shut the door. He was so adamant about breeding to my wolfdog (that he thought was all GSD), that I was afraid he would toss his female over the fence. None of my guys were ever outside without me, but I still decided to keep them in the back--we had the front fenced also but could close it from the back.

Susan
Susan_GSD_mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.