German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Breeding - General (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/breeding-general/)
-   -   Breeding Chief (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/breeding-general/485169-breeding-chief.html)

frillint1 09-02-2014 07:15 PM

Breeding Chief

So the other day I had a guy ask me if I would breed Chief. I said no. He said why not he would be good. I said no because he wouldn't pass on good traits that should be passed on to pups to make the breed better and continue to give them a bad name. Here is what got me. He said he didn't care. He wanted to breed Chief with a pitbull. Of course I said not a chance and kept going.

Wild Wolf 09-02-2014 07:34 PM

Good for you! I once had a guy stop me on the street and ask me to let him breed his female boxer to my male GSD. I just laughed and kept walking. He then told me to wait so he could bring her out, that she was in heat right now, and I walked even faster away. LOL.

blackshep 09-03-2014 02:07 PM

Someone wanted to breed their male to my female because she was a black GSD. That was the only reason!

She was a receptionist at a company my dad was hiring for some work and he mentioned my dog for some unknown reason, and she actually asked him for my phone number and called me out of the clear blue sky.

Never saw my dog, didn't know her bloodlines, temperament/health etc. Didn't care.

my boy diesel 09-03-2014 02:09 PM

there is always ads on craigslist like this
makes me sick and very sad :(

its like there is a huge disconnect between poor temperaments or behavior and poor health and backyard breeding
the people looking for studs or to breed their dogs are not even aware of how bad the puppies can turn out :(

McWeagle 09-03-2014 02:10 PM

Our puppy is just over 3 months old. He's already had a few offers. People be crazy!

blackshep 09-03-2014 03:29 PM

I had a lady call me out of the clear blue sky wanting to breed her dog to mine only because she was a black GSD.

She got my number from my dad, he was talking to her about my dog for whatever reason.

Didn't care about health, temperament or anything, just that she was a black GSD. :/

blackshep 09-03-2014 03:57 PM

WTF, my post disappeared, so I retyped it and now it's back with other posts. lol

Pax8 09-03-2014 04:21 PM

33 Attachment(s)
I had a couple people ask me about breeding Kaiju when he was 5 or 6 months old because they wanted a long haired GSD. One guy actually got mad at me when I just flat out said no and started screaming at me while I was walking away. Another one said he'd throw in an extra $200 on top of a stud fee if I went to dinner with him while we left the dogs in the yard. :/ I promptly informed him he would be tased if he stepped any closer.

Blitzkrieg1 09-03-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pax8 (Post 5980609)
I had a couple people ask me about breeding Kaiju when he was 5 or 6 months old because they wanted a long haired GSD. One guy actually got mad at me when I just flat out said no and started screaming at me while I was walking away. Another one said he'd throw in an extra $200 on top of a stud fee if I went to dinner with him while we left the dogs in the yard. :/ I promptly informed him he would be tased if he stepped any closer.

ROFL I would have said yes. :D

Susan_GSD_mom 09-03-2014 06:51 PM

One of my male wolf shepherds was our "wolf in shepherd's clothing"--red and black, thick, thick coat, tho not really long coated, ears nearly normal GSD size, lots of bone, taller than most GSDs, and did I mention beautiful? Definite wolfy temperament, though. And did I mention beautiful? Anyway, some guy walking his female GSD down the highway once stopped and asked me if he could breed her to my boy and said she was in heat. I told him no, that we don't breed, never have, never will... He got so angry, shouting, throwing his arms around, that I just took my boy inside and shut the door. He was so adamant about breeding to my wolfdog (that he thought was all GSD), that I was afraid he would toss his female over the fence. None of my guys were ever outside without me, but I still decided to keep them in the back--we had the front fenced also but could close it from the back.

Susan