People need to stop breeding!! - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
WHEW! I took the title to mean that the OP was against the populaqtion growth of the world in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dunno... sometimes I think we do need some tests to ensure that only breedworthy humans pro-create JK JK JK!!!! -prepares for nucleur warheads to attack-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone22 View Post
You are NOT the average pet owner. An average pet owner is not part of an online forum because they love their dog/breed. Unfortunately we are the minority. The majority of people should have their pets spayed and neutered because they can't or won't take the steps needed to adequately prevent an "oops" litter.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Im very confused as to what you are saying. Could you please go deeper? I am not part of an online forum. I just belong to one This is my second post since ive had this account. Just because someone doesnt belong to a forum doesnt mean they dont love their dog any less or more than you. I am 21 years old and have owned dogs my whole life. Just because somebody gets on a forum to talk about german shepherds does not mean theyre a better owner than ones who dont. Im not suggesting this is what you are saying, im simply asking. Loving your dog doesnt consist of joining forums/social networking to talk about it. Loving your dog means you understand them. Not just understand shepherds in general, but understand the dog on a personal level. Just because people understand sheperds in general does not mean they understand YOUR dog.

Dont get me wrong, I love the fact that a loving dog owner can get on a website and ask questions and get accurate answers. All im saying is just because that may have been the case with some dogs does not mean it is the case with yours. I love my dogs with everything I have, there is not a single thing I wouldnt do for them. In your post you said the majority of people should have their dogs spayed . You also say youre the minority because you are part of this forum. From my perspective it appears (since the majority of people domt belong to a forum and also the majority should have their dog spayed) youre saying if you domt love your dog enough to join a forum then you should neuter them?? Am I wrong? Thats just what I gathered
loveallsheps91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to zivagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveallsheps91 View Post
I love my dogs with everything I have, there is not a single thing I wouldnt do for them. In your post you said the majority of people should have their dogs spayed . You also say youre the minority because you are part of this forum. From my perspective it appears (since the majority of people domt belong to a forum and also the majority should have their dog spayed) youre saying if you domt love your dog enough to join a forum then you should neuter them?? Am I wrong? Thats just what I gathered
Do you think the majority of dog owners are members of online dog forums? I'm thinking 'no' which makes the us here...online....part of a minority. Most of the people here support responsible dog ownership which includes not breeding unless you are a professional breeder with the goal of bettering the breed.

What she's saying is that if you love the breed, you leave the breeding to those who know what they're doing so that you (generic) don't muck up the genetic line.

So yes, you were wrong. But that's okay.
zivagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveallsheps91 View Post
Im very confused as to what you are saying. Could you please go deeper? I am not part of an online forum. I just belong to one This is my second post since ive had this account. Just because someone doesnt belong to a forum doesnt mean they dont love their dog any less or more than you. I am 21 years old and have owned dogs my whole life. Just because somebody gets on a forum to talk about german shepherds does not mean theyre a better owner than ones who dont. Im not suggesting this is what you are saying, im simply asking. Loving your dog doesnt consist of joining forums/social networking to talk about it. Loving your dog means you understand them. Not just understand shepherds in general, but understand the dog on a personal level. Just because people understand sheperds in general does not mean they understand YOUR dog.

Dont get me wrong, I love the fact that a loving dog owner can get on a website and ask questions and get accurate answers. All im saying is just because that may have been the case with some dogs does not mean it is the case with yours. I love my dogs with everything I have, there is not a single thing I wouldnt do for them. In your post you said the majority of people should have their dogs spayed . You also say youre the minority because you are part of this forum. From my perspective it appears (since the majority of people domt belong to a forum and also the majority should have their dog spayed) youre saying if you domt love your dog enough to join a forum then you should neuter them?? Am I wrong? Thats just what I gathered
It has nothing to do with how much you love your dog. It has more to do with how responsible of an owner you are. In general...if you take the time to visit an online forum to learn more about your dog and your dog's breed, you are probably more responsible of an owner than those that don't. You also get to read opinions of people who have dedicated their life to this breed and probably pick up a little bit from them on what your dog really needs (more than just laying around on a couch). You learn about all the different venues a dog can participate in, and how it is that breeders decide to breed their dogs.

I don't get why sometimes when people generalize, others take it as if they're talking about them in particular. There are plenty of people out there that are responsible dog owners, that can handle an intact animal, and are not on this forum. My whole dog club for one, not a single other person is on this forum. But they have intact dogs...most of them have more than one in the same house, and they manage to deal. But if you look at your every day regular Joe Shmo dog owner, they are just not ready for such a responsibility.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
Elite Member

What I'm saying is that *if* you are part on an online forum focusing on the love of dogs than more than likely you treat your animals a certain way. You make sure they are safe, well fed, you research the best nutrition and training . You spend much of your time with them. Etc... MOST pet owners in the United States are not like this. I'm not saying if you are not part of an online forum than you are a bad owner, but chances are if you ARE part of a german shepherd forum then you take very good care of your dogs. The majority of large dog owners leave their dogs outside 24/7. With free run to the back yard, not talking kennel dogs here. Giving ample opportunity to escape and impregnate a bitch or get pregnant themselves. So yes, I think MOST people should spay & neuter their pets.

Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
It has nothing to do with how much you love your dog. It has more to do with how responsible of an owner you are. In general...if you take the time to visit an online forum to learn more about your dog and your dog's breed, you are probably more responsible of an owner than those that don't. You also get to read opinions of people who have dedicated their life to this breed and probably pick up a little bit from them on what your dog really needs (more than just laying around on a couch). You learn about all the different venues a dog can participate in, and how it is that breeders decide to breed their dogs.

I don't get why sometimes when people generalize, others take it as if they're talking about them in particular. There are plenty of people out there that are responsible dog owners, that can handle an intact animal, and are not on this forum. My whole dog club for one, not a single other person is on this forum. But they have intact dogs...most of them have more than one in the same house, and they manage to deal. But if you look at your every day regular Joe Shmo dog owner, they are just not ready for such a responsibility.
Yes exactly. You said this much better than I did.

Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivagirl View Post
Do you think the majority of dog owners are members of online dog forums? I'm thinking 'no' which makes the us here...online....part of a minority. Most of the people here support responsible dog ownership which includes not breeding unless you are a professional breeder with the goal of bettering the breed.

What she's saying is that if you love the breed, you leave the breeding to those who know what they're doing so that you (generic) don't muck up the genetic line.

So yes, you were wrong. But that's okay.
At some point there was a misunderstanding. I was not disputing the fact that people on here are or are not a minority. If you carefully read whatvi said, you would know that I was simply comparing the fact that the person said you were the minority while also stating the majority of people should have their pets spayed. I was asking if that ment since the minority is ONLINE and the majority is OFFLINE does that mean people who dont belong to forums shouldnt breed? That is all
Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post

I dissagreeb with some of this. I am a very resposible pet owner. I just think taking my dog to a vet ( someonebody who has studied dogs, learned about them, fixes them, has went through years of schooling doing nothing but dedicating their lives to helping animals, and also get paid for the expertice) is better than getting information from everybtom **** and harry online. Their are no opinions. There is no second guessing. Grant you, I am aware of how people just like thebcolor green and will do whatever to get it. I think that makes me mopeople more responsible taking their dog to a licensed animal doctor i do love the fact that everyone can converse about everything on here though. Its nice to see that not everyone in this world has a massive ego and just wants to win a pissing conest

I do have a question though, a neighbor of mine cages 12 hunting dogs right across the street from me. He specifcally rented this home just for his dogs and he does not live there. They are NEVER out of their kennels. He is only there a few times a week to feed them. All they do is bark bark bark. I feel so bad for the dogs. They have no life. No love. Nobody to talk to. Police wont do anything. Neither will game warden. What can I do. Technically hes not doing anything wrong I dont think but I cant fathom the fact these dogs are treated this way. I know im in wrong spot for this conversation and im sorry it wont happen again just thought id add something while it was fresh in my mind. Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
I do have a question though, a neighbor of mine cages 12 hunting dogs right across the street from me. He specifcally rented this home just for his dogs and he does not live there. They are NEVER out of their kennels. He is only there a few times a week to feed them. All they do is bark bark bark. I feel so bad for the dogs. They have no life. No love. Nobody to talk to. Police wont do anything. Neither will game warden. What can I do. Technically hes not doing anything wrong I dont think but I cant fathom the fact these dogs are treated this way. I know im in wrong spot for this conversation and im sorry it wont happen again just thought id add something while it was fresh in my mind. Thanks
Can you contact the landlord? Are the dogs caged or kenneled? I would write a note to the owner and ask them if they have any compassion in their heart. I'd be nice, but stern and let them know the dogs are constantly upsetting the neighbors.
You could do it anonymously in case you fear retribution.

You must live in a rural area that allows dogs to bark like that? Some villages or townships have ordinances against constant noise. I'd approach the local leaders and see if you have any rights as a property owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.