test litters?? - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
Wait, a sibling or father-daughter breeding in DOGS is *illegal* in Germany? As in, punishable by law? You go to jail or pay a fine if you are caught doing these breedings?
No, they are illegal by club rules and your club may punish you with a hefty fine, get barred from breeding, or even kicked out of the club. All depends on the club by laws. The club can hold court and punish you with disciplinary actions, either fine you, bar you from breeding or kick you out.

Let's say you are breeding Bouviers and have an accidental litter, the punishment for that would be a barring from breeding, for one year for both the dogs.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #82 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

what people are talking about with "incest" in America is that you will go to prison. It is a crime. Breeding related dogs in America isn't legally incest.
Dainerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainerra View Post
what people are talking about with "incest" in America is that you will go to prison. It is a crime. Breeding related dogs in America isn't legally incest.
You will get punished under the law for vaginal inzest in Germany (human), it is illegal. However, under Club Laws, inzest with animals is illegal as well.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
You will get punished under the law for vaginal inzest in Germany (human), it is illegal. However, under Club Laws, inzest with animals is illegal as well.
I think your understanding of the word illegal is a bit off. Illegal is not permitted under law. Not permitted under club rules won't land you in jail. There are consequences but they the charge against you isn't criminal in nature, which is what incest would be in humans.

My understanding is that the rules in Germany are there to heavily dissuade breeders from doing close line breedings, hence the repercussions. But if they did it, they won't be going to jail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Adventures and Dog Product Reviews-
marshies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #85 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdmom View Post
Most SAR owners I know raise and bond with their dog... When a dog retires, they remains with the family until he/she passes. I know some police departments don't work this way, and I think it is wrong.
I don't mean after retiring, I mean buying green dogs from 8 months to 2 years old, that is pretty standard. My team just received 6 young dogs to start training and maybe even I end up start the training of one... just to surrender him again for his definitive handler... Horrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanKBBMMMAAN View Post
Like using a service such as this?
geneticservice
Exactly! And more research is done every year.
Two examples: research of genetic markers for HD, research of genetic markers for impulsive aggression.. But research needs money, and money only comes if laboratories think there will be a market for their future discoveries.
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #86 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catu View Post
I don't mean after retiring, I mean buying green dogs from 8 months to 2 years old, that is pretty standard. My team just received 6 young dogs to start training and maybe even I end up start the training of one... just to surrender him again for his definitive handler... Horrible!

Exactly! And more research is done every year.
Two examples: research of genetic markers for HD, research of genetic markers for impulsive aggression.. But research needs money, and money only comes if laboratories think there will be a market for their future discoveries.
There just isn't the market for genetic research like this in dogs as there is for humans. It's too easy to put down an aggressive dog than to treat it/research it/prevent it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Adventures and Dog Product Reviews-
marshies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #87 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

ENOUGH arguing over the meaning of incest or inzest. We get the point and people know what it is.

Thank you,

ADMIN Lisa

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
What really would be the point anyway, breeding a father/daughter Mother/son? You'd need to wait at least 3 yrs for certain lines to mature and health issues would be the only reason...because a dog with solid temperament/working ability is a given or there would be no reason otherwise to even think about it. Health would be the only reason...and then such close inbreeding would show it unnaturally regardless.
Not that I condone it....but it is usually to set type. The same thing applies to *any* litter (waiting several years for maturity or for a full assessment of health). I honestly think it's more popular with show breeders. I don't mean GSDs but other breeds where winning CH and GRCH are top honors, not working achievements or titles. They can use close linebreeding to set type in their successful lines.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #89 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catu View Post
The team I worked with didn't do this. They raised them from puppies. I know every group is different and that assistance dogs need to go through training before they can go to their homes but to just sell a dog because it doesn't have the genetics you are looking for that seems cold to me. Almost like the way we once treated slaves.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #90 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph

Quote:
just sell a dog because it doesn't have the genetics you are looking for that seems cold to me.
Happens all the time. I love my dogs, but I also get them for very specific things. If they cannot perform in those areas, I find them homes where they will be loved and enjoyed for simple pets.

I have a dog here now that may not work out for what I bought him for. I don't have the room to keep every dog that doesn't work out.

Strauss: Retired service dog
Wesson: The champion
Mikasa: The wiggly show girl
Barrett: The Frikken Tikken
Xeph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.