OOps, Pregnant. Do females get mean/protective? - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #51 (permalink)
Crowned Member

OP wanted this to happen. Said in April, the female would be spayed immediately. Now, she is saying she didn't spay, because the bitch went into heat. It is November. In all those months, she couldn't get the female spayed? I don't buy it.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
OP wanted this to happen. Said in April, the female would be spayed immediately. Now, she is saying she didn't spay, because the bitch went into heat. It is November. In all those months, she couldn't get the female spayed? I don't buy it.
I don't think anyone does anymore. I sure don't.

OP, spay abort. Best thing to do for these pups to avoid the "oops" litter and surely half of them ending up in shelters.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Agree. We've done a lot of spay/terminates. The bitch doesn't realize what she's missing and she's better off, as is your own pocket book should she need an emergency c-section.
Call around as some vets are old fashioned and won't do them if they can "tell" she's pregnant.
Our vet we use most for that procedure sees firsthand daily the results of pet overpopulation and they'll do spay/terminate right up to the delivery date.
msvette2u is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
I think those who dismiss pedigrees and titles don't understand what they are and what they mean.
I chose my Spirit very carefully. Pedigrees and titles gave me trust and confidence, tipping the scales if you will, that my dog would be sound and healthy and everything I was looking for in a German shepherd. And just as much as this, I could take pride in knowing that I was being responsible with the integrity of the breed.

Integrity of the breed and responsible breed ownership -- so many things to talk about on these topics. I'm not going to change the world. I can only do what I think is right and responsible, and be an example to as many as I can, which really isn't very many. And the world continues to turn.

Good luck with your puppies, place them well. This is, indeed, the other half of the equation with responsible breed ownership -- finding good, loving, forever homes for the puppies you bring into this world. Please put more care into this part than you put into the first part.
Jo Ellen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Please put more care into this part than you put into the first part.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Elite Member

I think the OP just wanted to stir up some dust...No one that reads this forum would post something that she knows people are so adamantly opposed...just my opinion
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Since less than a half dozen posts have actually addressed the OP's question and the rest are all the typical nastiness that tends to go with "oops" litter threads, I am closing this.

-Admin
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.