Another what kinda coat question :) - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Ohhh thanks everyone I think all Shepherds are just gorgeous

Yep I'm the same, I just love GSDs and I want to learn more about them. it's nice to actually get examples of patterns and colours etc. I never knew what "tar heels " were or that the little black stripes on the toes actually have a name LOL
I have no interest in showing or breeding (there's way way to many dogs ending up at shelters here already), they're just my pet dogs but I really want to learn more about training etc.
Ziltoid if you don't mind me asking where did you get your dogs from? They are lovely.

It does sound nice LOL especially in spring so much less raking and brushing LOL
I'll PM you the breeders... not sure what the etiquette is for pasting their details around here, or whether the breeders would appreciate it. They seem to just be breeding for pets rather than show/work dogs. One thing I did like about them was that they allow you to do whatever you want with the puppies... so even though I'm not interested, I could attempt shows, or breed them etc. When buying previous dogs I've had to sign contracts agreeing that I will not show or breed them. That actually seems pretty standard with the bigger breeders but it always gives me a feeling that they're selling me a dud dog and don't want my mangy mutt giving their kennel a bad name. Haha!! Guess I should shell out more money if I want a 'quality' dog from them.

My girls been desexed anyway so no shows in her future but it's nice to know that I could have.

The breeders don't own the sires to my puppies so I guess I'll tell you them too. The sires seem to be getting used quite a bit... I've seen lots of litters using them, especially Fakir vom Heinrichplatz... so there's going to be a lot of dogs looking like my girl around the country over the coming years. My males sire is Hero von Renderau. If you pop their names in google and check a couple of images you'll see where mine got their hair length and colour.

I just noticed that the previous owners of Fakir have removed his youtube videos I wish I'd saved a copy. Oh well, I'm sure they're still floating around somewhere on the net.
Ziltoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.