German Shepherds Forum banner

Big, blocky head?

53K views 80 replies 44 participants last post by  livetosing1 
#1 ·
Im not sure what catergory to post this in, sorry if it's in the wrong one. I'm just curious about shepherds with 'big, blocky heads' as I dont know how else to put it. Ive seen pictures of them, but Ive never seen one in person and I'm wondering if it's a certain line that produces this feature? Or is it just how some shepherds fill out? I'll attach a picture so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks guys!

See less See more
#37 ·
Boy... Javir.... those are those dogs that have everything you can ask for! And kudos not only to the dog itself, but to the breeders/owners for taking them there.

#48 ·
And he isn't that big. 87# right now and 64 cm (25.5 inches). He just looks huge because he is big boned and thick through the neck and shoulders. Though he feels like he is a monster dog when he bumps into me.

#53 ·
Can someone post pictures of working lines bitches heads? My girl's head, she is eleven months, is handsome I think. She has a little looseness of the lips at the back of her lower jaw and she has a slight bump on the top of her snout. Its not tight and pointy like ASLs I have seen. I see a lot of male dogs in this thread, but what about the females?

My camera is broken right now. I will put a picture of Inga on here asap

#59 ·
Can someone post pictures of working lines bitches heads? has a slight bump on the top of her snout. Its not tight and pointy like ASLs I have seen.
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that that slight bump on the snout is reflective of a certain line. Maybe West german or was it east german. I can't remember exactly.

#57 ·
Cheetah v Wolfstraum

Csabre v Wolfstraum

Csabre and 8 mo old daughter I-Bengal v Wolfstaum

Kyra - dam of Cheetah and Csabre

and 4th generation - Lynx v Wolfstraum - daughter of I-Bengal

4 generations of strong heads....

lee

#61 ·
Thanks, he really was! We lost him about two years ago, at nearly 14 years old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.