Examples of Conformation - Page 11 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #101 (permalink)
Knighted Member

How do you find so many good-lookin dogs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #102 (permalink)

This was my Zorro vom Laager Wall grandson,(out of Klockows Wasdy PP Sch/AM Showlines) Dodge, RWD his first show when he was 11 months old. He was my 'perfect' dog.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #103 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Jakoda he is stunning !! Look at that gorgeous front. I would have that dog in a heart beat . Strong back . Balanced front and back .
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #104 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"How do you find so many good-lookin dogs" I have others up my sleeve. A dog has to be more than visually pleasing , the conformation has to have a balance and correctness to it for best function. I always have these dogs in mind as a benchmark to strive for .
So much for the ugly working dogs .
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #105 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Maybe when I'm more experienced I'll have some good dogs to show new people too (:

I know temperament, drives and work ability are all really important. I'm just trying to take it one step at a time. And you guys here don't get rude with me like other people who I try to learn from in person. Lol.

Jakoda- Zorro is GORGEOUS! I love how he's built! Great in show, but also looks like he has the ability to work with the best of them!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
Carmspack Beau
OK there's a lot to like about this dog but I especially like his face/expression. I know that it doesn't *really* matter but for me to really want to look at a dog on and off all day every day I have to like his expression. Not just having a nice head or earset or even a full dark mask. I like a "strong" looking muzzle (not sure if that's the best term?) without the head being overdone (like some of the bear-heads the WGSL have now) but I like how the expression kind of balances it out, the dog looks powerful, noble, and gentle all at the same time.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #107 (permalink)

Carmen, thank you, Dodge was a once in a lifetime dog. He was 'perfect' in my eyes, inside and out, I should have cloned him If I could find 'that' again, I'd also take them in a heartbeat.

I think Beau (above) is what I like as well.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #108 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsdLoverr729 View Post
Maybe when I'm more experienced I'll have some good dogs to show new people too (:

I know temperament, drives and work ability are all really important. I'm just trying to take it one step at a time. And you guys here don't get rude with me like other people who I try to learn from in person. Lol.

Jakoda- Zorro is GORGEOUS! I love how he's built! Great in show, but also looks like he has the ability to work with the best of them!
What do you mean people get rude? Like when they point out flaws in your dog? Or other dogs? It's really the only way to learn. At my club people will tell you if you ask what is wrong with your dog. But the ones I talk to know that I have a working line and am just trying to learn about what is looked at in AKC and how my dog stacks up. People are blunt, and mostly very objective. Lots of times I hear "you need a thick skin" but I don't think its that, I think you just have to realize that these people are looking at your dog as a breeding prospect and not as the love of your life. Having conformation faults doesn't make that dog any worse of a GSD pet than a conformation champion, its just the way they're genetically built.

Don't know how I feel about hearing people get rude about something like that. I've heard of new people getting their feelings hurt when they ask a question about their dog without realizing that the person answering will be looking at the dog like an AKC judge would and aren't really going to take the fact that you love the thing like a child into consideration when they tell you about it. The good breeders at my club will even tell you about the faults on their dogs. They know how hard it is to get that "perfect" GSD and don't pretend that they have one (even when the bitch has been Grand Vixtrex of US).
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #109 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
What do you mean people get rude? Like when they point out flaws in your dog? Or other dogs? It's really the only way to learn. At my club people will tell you if you ask what is wrong with your dog. But the ones I talk to know that I have a working line and am just trying to learn about what is looked at in AKC and how my dog stacks up. People are blunt, and mostly very objective. Lots of times I hear "you need a thick skin" but I don't think its that, I think you just have to realize that these people are looking at your dog as a breeding prospect and not as the love of your life. Having conformation faults doesn't make that dog any worse of a GSD pet than a conformation champion, its just the way they're genetically built.

Don't know how I feel about hearing people get rude about something like that. I've heard of new people getting their feelings hurt when they ask a question about their dog without realizing that the person answering will be looking at the dog like an AKC judge would and aren't really going to take the fact that you love the thing like a child into consideration when they tell you about it. The good breeders at my club will even tell you about the faults on their dogs. They know how hard it is to get that "perfect" GSD and don't pretend that they have one (even when the bitch has been Grand Vixtrex of US).
I don't mean just pointing out flaws. I asked for a critique on Koda here to HEAR her faults, remember? Having her flaws pointed out helped me to learn. And I don't mind that. Now, when a woman said something in a snotty voice while I was just watching dogs in the ring and Koda was laying down next to me (I hadn't said anything to her or asked her anything), that's when I nearly lost my temper. I accept critiques as learning experiences. Regardless of what dog it is aimed towards. I do not accept someone saying my dog is ugly because she looks different from the show dogs all around us though. And yes, that really was her reason. Later she mentioned short hair but one of her three dogs had even shorter fur so I really think that she was trying to cover for herself.
At one point I asked which dog in the ring had the best ear placement (directed at someone I know in the show who is very nice). A passing woman snickered to her friend and responded, "Not your dog." Was that necessary? She was a grown woman, I was learning, and I asked about the dogs in the ring.
What I mean is that they often roll their eyes, will get a mocking tone to their voices, say things like "Well OBVIOUSLY the dog is blahblahblah... Don't you know ANYTHING?" or make an "Ugh" sound. I find all of those things very rude. Particularly when directed at someone just trying to learn. I know it at the very least discouraged me from asking questions.

Last edited by GsdLoverr729; 11-11-2012 at 09:23 AM.
GsdLoverr729 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #110 (permalink)
Crowned Member

THERE are some very rude, snotty, and boorish people in the dog world that only look to criticize as opposed at looking at the complete picture. I see rude all the time and call it out because most times there rudeness is accompanied with not as much knowledge as they think.....BUT....there are plenty of class people here who can tell you the same thing without being classless...you keep learning young lady!
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.