German Shepherds Forum banner

Deja getting just about perfect

862 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dogma13 
#1 ·
Today the seasonal ant spray treatment around the house. The guy rang the door bell. Deja barked twice and when I told her that it was OK and to heel towards the door, she did without another bark. Impulse control to the max with every muscle tense in her body. Then she sat next to the door on her mat while I talked to the guy from pest control for a few minutes and she remained in position,never seeing the guy. I closed the door, praised her and gave her one of the pizzle sticks from a container nailed to the wall next to the door.
Then she barked when she heard him walk around the house and I told her that it was OK, put her on a down stay and she did so quietly. She saw him through the window, looked at me and waited for me to confirm that everything was OK and she was fine and lied down on her side. So proud of her!! They are getting better and better with age and she is only 2 years old.:wub::wub:

#4 ·
Keeping hope, enjoying their craziness and working through all that and it pays off. I am still surprised how everything is tying together lately. I am so glad I changed my mind about adding a pup last November. This Spring I know we are ready for it as she is so much more mature now and doing it all over again, this time with a Collie (waiting for the breeding taking place), which should be easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.