German Shepherds Forum banner

My boy did great at the State Park today!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jrglade 
#1 ·
I am so proud. My 2 yr old, who has DA issues, performed wonderfully at the Indiana Dunes. First time in the water--little scared but was ok. More importantly, walking to the beach and back he healed nicely, no lunges at other dogs.

He was even better on the trails. When we came upon others, we stepped to the side he sat and waited until I released him--every time.

This may not seem like much to most of you, but I am very pleased with his consistently good behavior while out in the world.

Attached is a pic of my good boy. Really enjoyed the day with him.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey! You're probably the closest to me that I've seen! Which dunes? I really want to take Gunther to the beach but the one here is closed indefinitely and I need to know where else I can take him in my area. Darn sinkholes causing my beach to close. There is the other beach but they don't allow dogs.

#5 ·
I'm all too familiar :) I'm over in M.C. When we moved here I spent many times up there at that park. Never knew they were dog friendly. Going to tell the hubby where we are going next weekend! Here I went to Mt. Baldy all the time. Now that I have Gunther, I can't.

#8 ·
I picked up some you tube videos from Solid K9 Training from one of Chip18's threads, I think. Really like this guy's approach, this place command video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIGq_5r0DeE and the one showing how to communicate how to heel with calm leash management. Thanks to all of you with experience for sharing, really helps us first time GSD owners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.