German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Braggs!!! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/braggs/)
-   -   I'm so proud of Empire! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/braggs/441137-im-so-proud-empire.html)

Curtis 04-21-2014 05:45 PM

I'm so proud of Empire!

He'll be a year old tomorrow and has been a joy from the day that I brought him home at 8 weeks.

Today our trainer gave him a certificate for completion of his class and his performance today even left me a little speechless. It was the best I've seen him track. And his obedience was flawless (I got corrected). I found myself almost whispering the commands and was wondering whose dogs was calmly executing them with such focus. It was weird and left me a bit speechless.

The trainer was also impressed with his bite work. It was just a wonderful day.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ZoeD1217 04-21-2014 05:50 PM

That's so great!!! Go Empire! I'm glad the classes improved :)

Curtis 04-21-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5409713)
That's so great!!! Go Empire! I'm glad the classes improved :)

Thank you. We did not go back to the Dogwood Park class. Instead I found a guy (someone on here recommended) who does one on one Schutzhund training and works all of his clients (one after another) on the weekends.

ZoeD1217 04-21-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 5409745)
Thank you. We did not go back to the Dogwood Park class. Instead I found a guy (someone on here recommended) who does one on one Schutzhund training and works all of his clients (one after another) on the weekends.

That's great! Are you going to continue to do different classes with Empire?

Curtis 04-21-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5409777)
That's great! Are you going to continue to do different classes with Empire?

We are continuing with the same trainer. He's invited us to join the club (where he works the members on Saturdays and Sundays). I've also scheduled another 6 weeks of one-on-one with him because I feel like I need a lot more fine tuning.

ZoeD1217 04-21-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 5409817)
We are continuing with the same trainer. He's invited us to join the club (where he works the members on Saturdays and Sundays). I've also scheduled another 6 weeks of one-on-one with him because I feel like I need a lot more fine tuning.

Is it bold city?

I can't do any scheduled classes right now so I'm thinking of looking into private lessons in home or board and train... Although the general consensus on b&t wasn't favorable for a puppy.

Curtis 04-21-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5409937)
Is it bold city?

I can't do any scheduled classes right now so I'm thinking of looking into private lessons in home or board and train... Although the general consensus on b&t wasn't favorable for a puppy.

I think he is affiliated with Bold City but his business is Marienhof Kennels. His name is Michael Higgins and I really like his training.

Curtis 04-21-2014 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is his certificate.

shemeld135 04-21-2014 08:55 PM

:thumbup:good job!

Nigel 04-21-2014 09:06 PM

Great job to the both of you!