Moving Super Star! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Moving Super Star!

So very proud of Jade! We moved this weekend and I was really worried about how she would handle it, but she was a champ! Here are some highlights from this weekend. Sorry its a little long

Saturday we spent all morning with friends and family loading our stuff into a U-hual. Since we have trained her that the front door with a threshold she can't cross unless we give the okay, she just sat there by the door watching us. When we started unloading boxes at the new place we had to put her in her crate and she mostly tolerated it. She would bark if we took too long coming back in but we would tell her to stop and she would. After everything was unloaded we got take her out in the yard to play. Our old yard was very small but this one is huge! She was running from one corner to another just smelling and having a blast. It was so cute to watch! She also caught on to the idea of only using the back corner to the yard as her potty spot very quickly. We had never taught her that before since the old yard was use barely big enough to potty in, but she seems to have a pretty good understanding after only a day or two.

Sunday is where she really shined though! We spend a while in the yard playing fetch and then my husband and I had to go grab some lunch and do some shopping. The cable guy was suppose to come over at 2pm so we thought we had plenty of time. At 1:00pm we were at Lowes shopping for some pantry organizers when my husbands phone rings. Its the cable guy who is there already (seriously when are those guys ever on time, let alone early?!?) anyway Austin tells him to ahead and go into the backyard so he can start fixing the wires that are cut back there. Austin is still on the phone with him as he was walking back there and said that he could hear Jade barking through the phone. The cable guys was like "Dude! There's a dog back here!" Austin had to explain that no, she was inside and in a crate, and that he was safe. We got there like 5 minutes later. She wasn't barking constantly but she definitely let that guy know that she was there and that this house was protected! Makes me feel a little safer. We let her out and tethered her to me and I unpacked. She was totally fine as Austin and the cable guy came and went from outside. She watched them like a hawk but she never barked again. Later that day the handyman come over to work on an electrical problem and I was able to just let her run around. She barked when he got here, but I told her to stop and she looked at me for a min like "but momma there is a strange man here". She listened though and she went up to say hi once, but then she just left him alone after that.

Overall she was a total superstar! I was so worried that she was going to be stressed about the move but she took it all in leaps and bounds. Never seems stressed at all and she is in love with her new yard! Our neighbors however have 4 dogs that bark a lot so we are going to need to deal with that eventually. But for now I am just so very proud of her. The handyman even commented on how well behaved she was for such a little girl. She doesn't know it yet but she is getting a new antler tonight as a reward for being so amazing all weekend!

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
Abby142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Jade was definately a good girl, even though moving is sometimes so stressfull on our pets it sounds like she handled it quite well. I hope that she enjoyed her antler.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

WTG Jade!!

Kenai - 10 yr old Samoyed Koda - 8 yr old Samoyed
Max - 4 yr old rescue Persian Nita - 01/26/2012 GSD
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.