Proud of my friendly boy! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Proud of my friendly boy!

So I have a brag for my 5yo male GSD, Baron.

First one was how he was with a handyman who came to the house today to work on the deck in our back yard. it is amazing how some folks act with a big very dark 90lb GSD!

So, Baron met Dan (person who is working on our back deck) and his helper guy yesterday when they came to start work on our deck; and of course he was very friendly with Dan (he knows and seems to remember him very well); but Baron met the new guy for the first time yesterday.

He did appear very friendly with him, although he did watch him very carefully until deciding that he was ok and then was very outgoing with him. I naturally had Baron on a leash as I wasn't quite sure how he would react to folks in HIS back yard.

So today when I took him out of his run to pee and all, the guys were here working on the deck roof. So Baron seemed friendly with them so we walked (on leash) over to him and he wanted to say hi to the new guy so we went over to him. The guy started petting him and then, before i could move, he knelt down right in front of him, put both hands on Baron's neck and put his face RIGHT in Baron's face. Baron looked at him and then gave him a great big LICK! I was astounded and couldn't believe that a stranger would do that to a big strange GSD! Then Baron started dancing around playfully with this guy!

Could have been interesting!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's a good feeling to know your dog can handle something like this. You should be very proud.
Midnight12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

"good boy, Baron". i've had people do the "drop and hug",
put their heads in the open car window for a pet or lick,
put their hands in the open car window, pet his head while
he was eating dinner, step over him, walk into him, etc.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.