German Shepherds Forum banner

Jaeger and the cats

744 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Angelina03 
#1 ·
Jaeger is just six months old and, while he has never been aggressive towards our three cats, he of course has wanted to play with them since he got here. Our three cats have dealt with this in various ways, Buffy by whacking him hard on the nose and making him cry (she's crabby), Henri by always controlling the rules of the game (I'll play only when I am up on the chair and can punch you in the nose . . .no teeth or claws), and Spink . . .

Spink is the kitty I was worried about. He's my big burly manx with a big gentle heart. He's a very serious guy. He never defends himself. He cries piteously when he doesn't like what another animal is doing, but he won't put a claw on anyone. I was worried that Jaeger would be too rough with Spink and Spink wouldn't ever make it clear to the pup that he needed to be careful. So I've watched them carefully. Mostly Spink just avoided Jaeger early on because he was SO rambuncious. That made me sad because Spink needs attention too, and I'm with Jaeger so much of the time.

So tonight I was at the computer and noticed Jaeger wasn't right here beside me. He sometimes goes across the hallway to the bedroom and lies on his bed when he is tired, so I looked there. There was Jaeger, lying on his bed WITH SPINK LYING NEXT TO HIM. Smiling. (Spink has a lovely kitty smile when he chooses to use it,)

I underestimated them both. ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
awww I have two cats a male and a female. Hero and Gizmo the male do not get along at all. Hero wants to play with him and Gizmo wants to box his nose in and growl at the dog lol eventually maye. However Sophia and Hero may actualyl be in love. She will not run from the dog, she will lay with im in the rare chance he is not running around like a maniac. She has even been seen entire head deep in his ears licking lol which is hilarious and I need to catch this on camera! He will put his mouth around her but not to hurt her or pick her up lol I really dont know what he is doing but she lets him lol They are crazy!!

#3 ·
Awwww! That is so sweet. I long for the day that Rocco is like that with our cats. He's just to rough and obsessed with them yet. He can't just sit still when they're around. How old is your dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.