German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Braggs!!! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/braggs/)
-   -   Disgusting result in failed recall (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/braggs/195823-disgusting-result-failed-recall.html)

Kyleigh 12-06-2012 12:41 PM

Disgusting result in failed recall

I have been able to brag about Ky having 100% recall in EVERY situation. I've been able to call her off squirrels, deer, the cat, anything. I've even been able to have her come back MID chase.

I am very proud of her for this (and yes, a pat on my back too!)

Last night she failed me in the MOST disgusting way ever. It was humiliating for me, but a VERY proud moment for her.

I was scooping out the cat's litterbox and the phone rang. Seriously, what WAS I thinking to not call her out of the room with me, and I didn't even notice that she didn't follow me the 10 steps to the phone ... which she ALWAYS does ... when's the last time your dog didn't follow you?

WHEN THERE IS FRESH CAT POOP 2 FEET FROM THE DOG

I answered the phone turned around (almost puked right then and there) and called her to me. I'm walking towards her saying LEAVE IT ... NOPE, ear didn't even twitch, but she looked back and started INHALING another poop before I got there.

I am such a failure as a dog owner LOL ... my dog prefers cat poop over me!!! AAAHHH the humiliation

Sunflowers 12-06-2012 12:44 PM

:sick: That is one thing dogs do that would be very nice to get bred out of them, LOL.

Jag 12-06-2012 12:46 PM

Ewww... LOL! Don't feel bad, my first GSD had a thing for it, too. He used to bring the kitty box crunchies onto the carpet to eat them! :sick:

Bear GSD 12-06-2012 12:47 PM

Ewwww! I guess there's one time in my life that I'm glad I don't own a cat :p

TimberGSD2 12-06-2012 12:47 PM

Kitty chocolate is a delicacy NOT to be passed up under any circumstances!

Sunflowers 12-06-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag (Post 2648760)
He used to bring the kitty box crunchies onto the carpet to eat them! :sick:

My first dog did that. :sick::sick: Husband used to say he got into the Almond Roca again...

selzer 12-06-2012 12:56 PM

Kitty litter is Doggy - Hors d'oeuvre.

Congratulations on your dog not being a robot. Can you just imagine what our dogs would do for us in training if we used those as a training treat??? And we pay all that money for meat or premium kibble and quality treats, and expensive chews, when freeze-dried cat droppings would be preferred.

And there is absolutely nothing worse than getting a big slobbery kiss from your pup and realizing that he has figured out a way to imbibe in his favorite addiction.

I so do not miss having an indoor cat.

Freestep 12-06-2012 12:59 PM

The most disturbing thing to me is that I read this thinking "So, what's the big deal if your dog eats cat poo?" In my world, it's simply normal behavior. :crazy:

Honestly... as long as she doesn't want to come give me kisses right afterward, I let my dog clean the litterbox. I don't enjoy the job. She does. Everyone's happy. :D

kiya 12-06-2012 01:00 PM

Don't feel bad, this morning when I finished cleaning the horse corral I left an "unattended" untied bag of horse manure on the ground. Well before I could even get the garbage can out, Lakota had already snuck a meatball and took off like a bat out of you know where. She chomped away and I darted off to her, I know stupid me, she loved this game. Needless to say I did not recover the meatball.

jprice103 12-06-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowers (Post 2648763)
My first dog did that. :sick::sick: Husband used to say he got into the Almond Roca again...

Ummm...thanks! NEVER eating Almond Roca again!! :sick: