German Shepherds Forum banner

My GSD Line

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RunShepherdRun 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i've been on and off the forum for a while but finally registered.

I recently bought a lovely pedigree GSD (Dino) whom is now 13 weeks old, though I am very interested in his line. Can anyone else shed more info on the grandparents and great grand parents below (Particularly the Paternal side). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paternal:

Grand Parents: Gayville's Ronaldo + Alsaceroyale Best Bet
Great Grand Parents: Larus Von Batu, CH Gayville's Italia (Import), Juarosudilla Jock, Alsaceroyle Amelian

Maternal:
Grand Parents: Jubredo Eskan + Lo La Vienna
Great Grand Parents: Conbhairean Lauser, Jubredo Sensei, Jubredo Lux, Ardalla Tamara (IKC)

#5 ·
I think that most of the names you cite are probably local to your country kennel names (Ireland????even though your forum name is Italian sounding?) - I only recognize von Batu as a German kennel.

I did a search on a couple of the names and found one on the pedigree data base and can only come up with an ad for a litter of pups for GBP300 for another name......

It seems that the litter will be mostly - if not all - based on West German showline dogs...

sorry I can't offer more, the dogs and kennels are not well known internationally apparently

Lee

#6 · (Edited)
The pedigree shows a combination of West German show lines and old English lines ('Alsatians'), with a majority of WGSL.

Gayville's Ronaldo is all WGSL, from imported parents (Batu, Farbenspiel, Lärchenhain, etc)

Alsaceroyale Best Bet (15.1% COI per KC)
Alsatian (with a few WGSL imports), going back to dogs like Delridge Camilla

Jubredo Eskan
WGSL with a small touch of Alsatian

Lo La Vienna
WGSL from early WGSL imports with a trace of Alsatian

The Alsatian lines are among the better ones among Alsatians. There are good kennels like Vikkas there. I did not see any names that raised flags in terms of epilepsy but the more recent kennel names are unknown to me. The high inbreeding COI of the paternal grand dam is noted, and the KC's calculations are based on only 5 generations, tmk. If you are concerned about health, you might want to contact the GSD League's Health coordinator who has studied the various lines in depth.

Idk much about WGSL. They are highly inbred as well.

The combination of WGSL and Alsatian will help a bit with the high inbreeding of both lines.

Why are you especially interested in the paternal line? Both lines contribute equally.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your puppy!

#7 · (Edited)
I found the litter info, DOB Nov. 1, 2016, all black/tan (not black/gold).

Sire: King Dino (generic pet name now), no health testing done, COI 3.3% (acc. to KC calculation) reflecting the cross between WGSL and Alsatian

Dam: Wyjanjo Carella, no health testing done, COI 8.6% (acc. to KC calculation), almost all WGSL, DOB 23.02.2015

The grandparents BVA hip scores:
Gayville's Ronaldo: 8/9 = 17
Alsaceroyale Best Bet: no health testing
Jubredo Eskan: 4/2 = 6
Lo La Vienna: 2/6 = 8

None had their elbows checked or other health tests.

COIs all above breed average.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.