German Shepherds Forum banner

What is she, once and for all

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Thecowboysgirl 
#1 ·
I just went and bought a pedigree on my dog from AKC because I lost the paper one I had. I had looked up a few dogs through OFA's vertical pedigree but it was spotty

Some of these I posted a while back so they will be repeats sorry (those are the names I could get thru OFA

My dog's breeder quit/ retired and her website is gone and I can't find anything anywhere about her dogs specifically but this is what I got out of the pedigree:

Jilko Von Den Wannaer (Brutus V Milchborntal X Deika Von Den Wannaer Hohen)
Kujo Vom Spezialblut (Verro Vom Kirschental X Silge Vom Busecker Schloss)
Delta Von Fernheim (Siro V Seeblick X Jamie V Stolzenfels)
Bodo Von Der Burg Lichtenstein (Lewis Von Malatesta X Lissy Vom Herkulesblick)
Connie Von Tennenblut (Attila V Teuuchelwald X Cindij Kenta V.D. Roggebot)
Etzel V Contender (Otis V Jacobiner Schloss X Amsel Torstensonkreuz)

When I asked before someone said they could not find the Bodo dog. He is as follows according to AKC:
Bodo Von Der Burg Lichtenstein
Lewis Von Malatesta, Lissa Vom Herkulesblick
Mink V Haus Wittfeld, Alfa Vom Schwarzen Brink, Urs Aus Der Hopfenstrasse, Gesa Von Rebo-Asleh

I don't know how you figure linebreeding numbers but Kujo and Delta come up 3 times and Bodo twice but closer up

I think that's it with no holes this time, so are these all working line dogs or some wgsl? Or wgsl but before this big split happened, and if so what does that mean.

Any info, insight appreciated. What would you expect from the dog based on the lines?

Thanks

See less See more
#6 ·
One thing I like to do and find informative is to google individual dogs in a pedigree. It's a starting point to get familiar with various lines.

For example, if you google Mink, you will find boatloads of info, and some interesting reading. He's a bit controversial yet ubiquitous.

#7 ·
Thanks everybody for the input. She has been a most exceptional dog...hard to put into words. Possibly the thing I admire the most about her is that she worked as a medical service dog for about 9 years, CONSTANTLY in public, sometimes being treated in rediculuous ways by children or TSA or whoever and she tolerated this without a single misstep.

But she also thwarted a mugging (of me) at an ATM, aggressively alerted to a creepy man lurking in the woods once when we were hiking....and despite sometimes poor leadership and guidance from me(which makes her more special in my view) especially earlier in her life, she never made a mistake about people, her instincts for how to act in any of the millions of situations she has been in in her life were just spot on.

She is one in a million to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.