looking for pedigree Information - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default looking for pedigree Information

I'm considering purchasing a puppy from an upcoming breeding and would like to get some information regarding the health, longevity, and cause of death (where relevant) of the lines behind this breeding. Any other feedback is also appreciated.

The sire is Arthos van het Houten Klumpke pedigree located here : Arthos v.h. Houten Klumpke

The dam is Grimja von Kaltwasser pedigree located here:
Grimja von Kaltwasser

Thank you in advance for any help.
bmthespian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/bree...mother=2113235

You are asking about what matters the most to many of us, health, longevity, and mortality causes. I don't have this information on any of the dogs in the pedigree. It's never entered in public databases. The one database that has a space for date of death is working-dog.eu but it is rarely filled out. I hope members here have information on individual dogs AND are willing to share it. Looks like the breeder is very aware of health issues, retired a promising young male when he showed spinal issues, uses PennHip, and possibly also x-rays the spine, the latter being crucial imho. Does he do the DNA tests, for what they are worth? Did you ask about the incidence of hemangiosarcoma? The high incidence of hemangio in some breeds incl. GSD points to hereditary component but it is not known to what degree and to my knowledge, markers haven't been identified yet.

Just looking at the pedigrees this looks good to me. Diversity of Dutch, German, and Czech dogs is good. Not heavily line bred on popular sires, good. Many lesser known dogs with advanced titles, good. Many good dogs. I am not an expert in predicting the specific strengths and weaknesses in temperament that might be expected, others here are experts on that. If I were in the market for a breeder pup, I would inquire about this litter.

Good luck!
RIP: Feli off the chain, Iris, Dago (GSDs), Bubi (spitz), Tanja (sighthound x), Robin (looked airedale/Irish wolfhound)

Last edited by RunShepherdRun; 06-05-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Link didn't show up in first go, link added
RunShepherdRun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.