German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Having trouble deciding working breed / show line (Also who is best breeder for both) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/482281-having-trouble-deciding-working-breed-show-line-also-who-best-breeder-both.html)

gsd_clint 08-22-2014 06:57 PM

Having trouble deciding working breed / show line (Also who is best breeder for both)

Hey Everyone!

I love my breeder that I bought my little Ember from! She is 18 weeks old and bought her here: vom Adel Haus German Shepherds - Superior Quallity puppies for any canine endeavor - located in Colorado. I paid $2k for her. However she has an overbite and white on paws/small on chest...

My biggest question is some trainers have stated that was too much to pay and that working lines are better. That is because I have another puppy reserved with this breeder.

My biggest questions are:

1.) What is better overall dog (Temperament, Family, Trainability) Show line or Working Line?

2.) What is the best breeder in the US for Show line/Work line?

From my "Schutzund trainer" he stated these dogs were one of the best in the US:

Abby Kennels - Chelmsford, MA, Dog Breeding, Training, Grooming, Boarding, German Shepherds

3.) Should I keep deposit with Adel Von Haus ? Or go to another one?

My plan for the dogs are to have them be obedient, great temperaments, trainable and protectable dogs.

Any suggestions or opinions would be welcome?

gsd_clint 08-22-2014 07:04 PM

???

Mister C 08-22-2014 07:27 PM

Hello,

This is an age old debate and opinions vary.

In some ways, it's like asking whether you prefer red or white wine and which winery is the best. It just depends...

Here are some of the longer threads on this topic which I hope you find helpful.

German Shepherd Dog Forums - Search Results

gsd_clint 08-22-2014 07:28 PM

I like vom adel haus...

Just debating!

gsd_clint 08-22-2014 07:32 PM

and I trust my breeder but then I go to other breeders and they say my dog is bad and breeder is bad, or dentist for dog. It's beyond stressful. I love the temperaments of her dogs...

DaniFani 08-22-2014 07:48 PM

I agree with Mister C.

Also, people generally don't like being told they shouldn't get a puppy when they've already put a deposit down. Research and final decisions should be done/made before a deposit is made. When opinions are that a kennel, breeder, dog, pedigree, line, etc, isn't that great and you shouldn't get a puppy, the OP usually gets defensive and combative.

You have now said several times you like this breeder and their dogs. Why would anyone argue (or "debate") with you on that? We can't breeder bash around here, your deposit is down, you already have a dog from this breeder...why ask the questions now? Get your puppy from who YOU want to.

If you look long enough or ask enough people, you will ALWAYS find people that disagree with the decision. Some breeders on here absolutely love my dog's pedigree, others not so much. I don't care, I got him to do sport, we're doing well so far....Not going to care what others think/say about him, his breeder, his pedigree, etc....

I got him with specific goals in mind....figure out what your specific goals/expectations are for a new dog, and select a breeder/lines that will best fit those goals. Generally if you want to do sport you go to a breeder heavily involved and titling their dogs in sport....if you don't care about sport or working your dog those titles won't be as important. If you're looking for a police k9 look for lines producing working k9's. YOU have to decide what is important to you.

There are lots of threads on here about how to find a reputable breeder. I suggest decide what your expectations/goals are, read those threads, and find a breeder that fits all those things. Good luck.

gsd_clint 08-22-2014 08:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That's where I am at. I am getting bashed after the fact because she have an over bite, or that she is a showline dog. But I ALWAYS get compliments on how good she is to people, and how well behaved and obedient. I had her potty trained at 13 weeks, sitting, laying, stand up, stay etc around 16-17.

But it's tough, **** happens I get that I just want a good dog and ember is well received by many. I DO dislike all the bashing I hear from breeder-to-breeder though... That gets OLD!:rolleyes:

anyways here is queen ember.

The pup is "Ghost" my new male

Here is his dad:
http://adelhaus.homestead.com/sg2_18to24males.jpeg

Here is his mom:
http://adelhaus.homestead.com/publis...lement1686.jpg

Mister C 08-22-2014 08:26 PM

Extremely well put DaniFani. I could not agree more.

Deciding what you really want and need in a dog can be quite difficult but its worth the soul searching as it informs everything else in the decision process.

gsd_clint 08-22-2014 08:33 PM

I found her for a reason this breeder and immediately loved the dogs and her. But hearing opinion's AFTERWORD are really difficult.

Mister C 08-22-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsd_clint (Post 5935809)
... I ALWAYS get compliments on how good she is to people, and how well behaved and obedient. I had her potty trained at 13 weeks, sitting, laying, stand up, stay etc around 16-17.

Cute pup. As I have heard others on this board so wisely say, look at the dog in front of you.

ETA: I mean that you listed "Temperament, Family, Trainability" as important to you and the dog in front of you seems to be hitting those marks.