Potential Breeding.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Potential Breeding..

My friend is considering putting together this breeding. A final decision has not been made. Ultimately it is her decision. She just purchased the female recently and is trying to get to know her a little better before she decides who to breed her too. However this combo has been discussed;

Line-breeding for the progency of Arthos v.h. Houten Klumpke and Gucci vom Lohmanns Heide

Here is video of the male. It is kind of long but I personally enjoyed watching it. Especially towards around the 15.46 mark when he gets into some hidden sleeve bite work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOpG-yt6L8

Here is video of the female;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPttYdm4PdY

This post is mostly for fun because this combo may never happen. I just wanted to share it and maybe get some feed back.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I like the dam's pedigree better than the sire. This breeder isn't trying to produce drive are they? this looks like very good Mali, no I mean sport breeding with a couple dogs that are known for insane intensity and edge. Not my cup of tea, but could produce some nice sport or LE dogs.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I only watched a short piece of the video-but I like the female better-the male doesn't take my breath away-the female could do better-know its working lines-but the male just wasn't attractive
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The male is local and the final decision has not been made. The video of the male gets better towards the end. She is looking to produce competitive IPO prospects but does not want to create screamers.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
The male is local and the final decision has not been made. The video of the male gets better towards the end. She is looking to produce competitive IPO prospects but does not want to create screamers.
I say she has an EXCEPTIONAL chance to create "screamers"!!!! I had a litter out of Zender and 2 board members here had pups from that litter....dam was my Ufo daughter....don't get me wrong - we all LOVED the Zender-Basha pups, and the male was AWESOME - but he was a screamer, and Zender was known for it. He had Zenders speed and hitting strength on the long bite too. Good looking dog, would have done V if koered previously and never went back to a conformation show.

Also another line there I have real mixed feelings about....I loved Pike...but not the motherline there....have known several of her progeny and MANY grand progeny....yep - lots of screaming there too....

not to mention more linebreeding on the bottom leading to back massing.....

Yep - like Cliff says - probably going to produce extremely driven, hard to settle, mali like dogs.....might be a few less driven ones that would be best training prospects - but what do you do with the manic ones?

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net

Last edited by wolfstraum; 08-21-2014 at 10:28 AM.
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
I say she has an EXCEPTIONAL chance to create "screamers"!!!! I had a litter out of Zender and 2 board members here had pups from that litter....dam was my Ufo daughter....don't get me wrong - we all LOVED the Zender-Basha pups, and the male was AWESOME - but he was a screamer, and Zender was known for it.

Also another line there I have real mixed feelings about....I loved Pike...but not the motherline there....have known several of her progeny and MANY grand progeny....yep - lots of screaming there too....

not to mention more linebreeding on the bottom leading to back massing.....

Yep - like Cliff says - probably going to produce extremely driven, hard to settle, mali like dogs.....might be a few less driven ones that would be best training prospects - but what do you do with the manic ones?

Lee
Lee, thanks for the in sight! I will pass it along. We are just bouncing around different males and this male is a local dog that she likes a lot and has used recently on one of her all Czech females. So far the pups are turning out very nice. We were just talking about how he might cross on this new female.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'd say the czech lines would be a better cross out to dampen that a bit.....the WG gave more back massing and the screaming is common in the dog that is backmassed upon....

I sort of like the male myself! If placed with the right people who know how to train and cap, I love some of other stuff that came in that Zender litter

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I agree with Lee 100%!
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

I have nothing to offer the OP on the question. It's an interesting thread though.

I don't want to thread jack, but may I ask what "back massing" may be? I can kind of guess what a screamer is but couldn't find anything on back massing.

I'd like to learn more about pedigrees even though it is highly likely I will never breed a dog.

Madeline Ronan Heart (Maddie) Dec 1997 -- November 22, 2013 Rescue GSD, Sable
Mister C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Back massing is basically line breeding past 5 generations.....both sides here have line breeding, and besides the line breeding, there are other sources of the same male where it is back past 5, so at least 3 times on bottom, and a couple on top....either 5 or 6 times, also has another dog at least 3 times....both dogs very prepotent dogs...

Lee

wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.