Pedigree Analysis - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pedigree Analysis

What would you consider being the best sport to compete in with a puppy from these lines, any comments on them as well would be greatly appreciated!

Dam - Luna Marie Glenn

Sire - his # is DN33462508 but I cannot seem to find his pedigree but I have found his parents which are Sire - Nero von Moyer Haus and Dam - Gino's Lady Li
HappysMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

You have a little bit of everything in there - West German Show lines, well-bred American show lines, and BYB pet dogs.

Very difficult to predict anything from such a mix, where the breedings were most likely done just because certain dogs were available for breeding, as opposed to being the result of a long-term breeding program with specific goals in mind.

I'd say try different things, and see what you and Happy enjoy the most.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
You have a little bit of everything in there - West German Show lines, well-bred American show lines, and BYB pet dogs.

Very difficult to predict anything from such a mix, where the breedings were most likely done just because certain dogs were available for breeding, as opposed to being the result of a long-term breeding program with specific goals in mind.

I'd say try different things, and see what you and Happy enjoy the most.

These aren't Happys lines, they're my new male puppy I'll be picking up next week, thanks for your opinion! I guess once I get him and can see his personality ill know what to lead towards. I want to title him in something.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 08-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just go and do things. Do what interests YOU and hopefully your dog will do it as well. Your biggest hurdle will be how dedicated you are to the sport you pick and not your dog. It's a shepherd, it will probably do whatever you ask it to do.

That all being said...you might not be able to do IPO due to the dog not being capable, but the other sports, there's really very little reason why the dog can't title in rally-o, obedience, or even rally. You might not be the best dog out there, but you can still title.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappysMom View Post
These aren't Happys lines, they're my new male puppy I'll be picking up next week, thanks for your opinion! I guess once I get him and can see his personality ill know what to lead towards. I want to title him in something.

Well congrats on the new puppy then. Just go out and get involved in different activities and have fun with him. You will find something that he shines at, so good luck!

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
Just go and do things. Do what interests YOU and hopefully your dog will do it as well. Your biggest hurdle will be how dedicated you are to the sport you pick and not your dog. It's a shepherd, it will probably do whatever you ask it to do.

That all being said...you might not be able to do IPO due to the dog not being capable, but the other sports, there's really very little reason why the dog can't title in rally-o, obedience, or even rally. You might not be the best dog out there, but you can still title.

I've really been interested in Schutzund but I don't know if my dog will be the dog for that. I've been in contact with a few clubs in Georgia that have invited me to come see what it's all about. I've grown up showing whippets, Chinese sharpeis, border collies and Irish setters as well as junior showmanship but I want to do something different with my shepherds. Thank you for the input!

Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I would keep looking if your goal was Schutzhund.
Gib_laut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Here you go:

Line-breeding for the progency of Pierson's Blue and Luna Marie Glenn
Pioneer53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer53 View Post

Thank you!!

Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

You're welcome. All the information on the PDB site is "volunteered." Most of it is correct, but not always. You might want to ask to see copies of AKC certified pedigrees of the sire and dam.

You can also purchase research copies directly from the AKC yourself for the sire and dam of any litter you are interested in, if you prefer to do it that way. They will not show any of the Schh degrees though.
https://www.akc.org/reg/pedigrees.cfm Easy to set up an account with the AKC, the pedigrees are not very expensive and you already have the sire and dam's reg. numbers. FYI.

Good luck with your new pup!
Pioneer53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.