German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Information of pedigree (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/455754-information-pedigree.html)

Rodneyhurt1 05-31-2014 04:47 PM

Information of pedigree

Philly Hurt

Any comments are welcomed and appreciated

Thanks

Chris Wild 05-31-2014 05:25 PM

What would you like to know? Sire is Czech. Dam is primarily West German show lines with some West working lines and a splash of Czech mixed in.

Moriah 05-31-2014 11:02 PM

For what's it's worth--I noticed Kirschental at the bottom of the pedigree. I have a dog with a lot of Kirschental bloodlines on the dam's side. Father has WGSL. Very biddable dog and high prey drive and intelligent. Calm demeanor. Soft dog and does not have nerves of a "good" working dog.

Let me say that I know next to nothing.... I have read, though, that one has to be careful when mixing show and working bloodlines that the show-dog side has the genetic nerves to go with the working side's protective instinct. I'm sure there are experts that can address and explain this much better than I can.

carmspack 05-31-2014 11:36 PM

is the dog your breeding?

Rodneyhurt1 06-01-2014 10:39 AM

No the dog is not my breeding just a pet. My biggest complaint is she gets super nervous in new places. I've tried engagement stuff, but it's hard to get her attention when in new places. At home she's obedience trained and can track some. It's completely different away from home though.

carmspack 06-01-2014 11:53 AM

can't say much without more information such as age .

Rodneyhurt1 06-01-2014 01:55 PM

She just turned two

SuperG 06-01-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodneyhurt1 (Post 5588906)
No the dog is not my breeding just a pet. My biggest complaint is she gets super nervous in new places. I've tried engagement stuff, but it's hard to get her attention when in new places. At home she's obedience trained and can track some. It's completely different away from home though.

Proofing a dog is important.....obedience at home vs. obedience away from home is a consideration too many overlook as the human fails to see any significance in a change in environment or location whereas it might create a bit of puzzlement on the dog's behalf.

Another thought....is your mindset potentially somewhat different when you are at "new places" as well....even mildly? I have no doubt that a dog can sense the slightest emotional changes in the human they know best and the dog will at times react in one form or another to this slight change in the human's mindset......apprehension being a prime example.

SuperG

carmspack 06-01-2014 04:04 PM

ahhhh , you're going to have to participate in this to have a conversation .

did you have her as from a pup, were you the first and only owner, was she always this way ? How does she show nervousness ? Does she get panicky , snappy, shut down , get aggressive .

training won't work when the dog is stressed , that is added stress.

You are going to have to work within her safety zone , and have it SO positive , end on a good happy note . Then keep expanding that distance and asking for attention.

Rodneyhurt1 06-01-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmspack (Post 5589682)
ahhhh , you're going to have to participate in this to have a conversation .

did you have her as from a pup, were you the first and only owner, was she always this way ? How does she show nervousness ? Does she get panicky , snappy, shut down , get aggressive .

training won't work when the dog is stressed , that is added stress.

You are going to have to work within her safety zone , and have it SO positive , end on a good happy note . Then keep expanding that distance and asking for attention.

Thanks for the help. She ignores other people and dogs while out. The problem is she is uneasy and wants to sniff everything and never settles down. I've recently started just having fun while out and not putting any demands on her. I am the only person to have her.