Which Drago breeding to pick? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Which Drago breeding to pick?

Im thinking its time to find out what all the hype is about when it comes to Drago vom Patriot. Trouble is he is being bred to a lot of females with a lot of stellar looking peds..

Here are some breedings that Im looking at
Drago x Lumpi
Line-breeding for the progency of V Drago vom Patriot and Lumpi vom Hünxer Wald

Drago x Connie
Line-breeding for the progency of V Drago vom Patriot and Connie V.H. Polbeekkwartier

Drago x Gundel
Line-breeding for the progency of V Drago vom Patriot and Gundel vom Dorneburger Bach

I really like the look, pedigree (Javir daughter) and background of Connie but there is a Drago x Lumpi pup that looks pretty good thats ready to go now.

Also, Lumpi is a Bomber daughter and I have always been partial to Vito.

Thoughts? Opinions? EXPERIENCE?
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

funny I was just looking at a bi color fb page and Drago's son was right there. He looked outstanding and from what his owners said was outstanding. The name Gundel sounds familiar.

"Upon meeting drago I felt so lucky to have his son, Drago exudes confidence and is such a powerful dog, he will start schutzhund once hus teething ends"
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by misslesleedavis1; 05-08-2014 at 07:36 AM.
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Friend of mine has a Drago/Lumpi son that she really likes so far. He is confident, very good drives. She is pretty picky about nerves and has had some bad luck in the past. Only thing I might worry about from this cross is elbows looking at the SV results from the lines (yes, I am avoiding naming names).

I would have to know the Javir daughter to decide on that breeding. What you got from Javir depended a lot on the type of female he was bred to. Some are very serious dogs and some a bit more sporty. I do like the linebreeding on Marc Herkulesblick who can bring good nerve. The linebreeding on Aly can bring some handler sensitivity, but it is pretty far back.

I don't care for the third breeding at all, but that is just personal preference.
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Thanks for the input. The Javir daughter passed Mike Suttle's SF tests according to the website which if true would be very impressive. What worries you about that one?
What dont you like about the Gundel breeding, I like that she brought in Uno vom Statdfeld.
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

What happened to your sportwaffen pup? Not good enough? I'm honestly just curious.
simba405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

I still have her, 1 just isnt enough.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

The fact that Gundel goes back on Uno is enough for me to avoid that breeding. I have never liked that line going back on Major Phönix nor Boomer Emsbogen. Also again I would worry about elbows.

I like Javir. I bred to him in 2011, got to see a number of his kids while in Germany and have a daughter. I also bred to a grandson in 2013. I like that line, but you still have to be careful how he is used. When I did the breeding I was after his mother line through Ira Körbelbach and the Matsch Bungalow and got dogs with phenomenal nerve, but maybe more aggression than what most people know how to deal with in training in this day and age. The linebreeding on Yoschy could bring sharpness to a pedigree that doesn't need more. The female is linebred on Troll bN and Arthus Lünsholz both who can bring a lot of aggression. I would want to know the female to know that she will bring balance to Drago to satisfy me. The first female I titled in SchH was linebred on Arthus 4-4,4, but her pedigree was very balanced with none of the modern thinner nerved dogs.

I have heard Mike's test is pretty tough so the female probably has excellent nerves, fight and aggression. Just have to make sure she is right for Drago.
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
The fact that Gundel goes back on Uno is enough for me to avoid that breeding. I have never liked that line going back on Major Phönix nor Boomer Emsbogen. Also again I would worry about elbows.

I like Javir. I bred to him in 2011, got to see a number of his kids while in Germany and have a daughter. I also bred to a grandson in 2013. I like that line, but you still have to be careful how he is used. When I did the breeding I was after his mother line through Ira Körbelbach and the Matsch Bungalow and got dogs with phenomenal nerve, but maybe more aggression than what most people know how to deal with in training in this day and age. The linebreeding on Yoschy could bring sharpness to a pedigree that doesn't need more. The female is linebred on Troll bN and Arthus Lünsholz both who can bring a lot of aggression. I would want to know the female to know that she will bring balance to Drago to satisfy me. The first female I titled in SchH was linebred on Arthus 4-4,4, but her pedigree was very balanced with none of the modern thinner nerved dogs.

I have heard Mike's test is pretty tough so the female probably has excellent nerves, fight and aggression. Just have to make sure she is right for Drago.

Thanks for the details it puts things into perspective and is slowing my roll..LOL.
I like aggression as long is there is a stable nerve base same as sharpness.
When you say bring ballance to Drago what do you feel he brings to much of?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

following - intrigued and learning!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

It wouldn't be that Drago brings too much of something. Just don't want to swing the genetics he brings to the table too far one way or another. Always maintaining balance. The breed is becoming too thin nerved, too reactive. You don't want it to swing even farther that way. Hope that makes sense. I am not the best at putting into words what I am trying to get across.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.