German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Standing males and the bitches they are bred to? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/437729-standing-males-bitches-they-bred.html)

Karla 04-13-2014 07:42 PM

Standing males and the bitches they are bred to?

I don't know much about bloodlines and pedigrees, so I have a question.
Would a dog such as Quantum be used as a stud dog for a hobby breeder's Dam? I wouldn't think so.

Conbhairean German Shepherd Dogs :: UK hobby breeder of german shepherd puppies in Scotland

https://www.czakoworkingdogs.com/our-dogs.html

Also, unless the data base is wrong, Quantum resides in Germany. Yet, someone in Post Falls, Idaho claims to own him.

This doesn't involve me at all, but I think someone is being scammed. What do you think?

GSDAlphaMom 04-13-2014 07:53 PM

It isn't unusual for people to send their dogs to Germany for titling and breeding. I don't know about Quantum but it does state that he resides there not that the person they listed owns him. So it's very possible for someone here to own him.

I do personally know about Uno because I had a son from him. They own him and he resides in Germany with Ingrid.

boomer11 04-13-2014 07:59 PM

Also its not unusual for some popular stud dogs to be sold to different kennels. Some of the top stud dogs from Europe now live in the USA and have those kennel names attached to the pups they produce.

Mrsdasmith 04-13-2014 09:00 PM

I promise you it is not a scam.

Purebred German Shepherd | I-Guard International | Spokane, WA

I-Guard International purchased Quantum directly from Germany for their client in Post Falls. He is here and my dogs train with him regularly. Quantum did breed with Lakoda and the puppies are his.

Karla 04-13-2014 09:31 PM

Thank you for the replies, but it still didn't answer my question...........

Would an owner of a stud dog with such credentials be bred to a female who may only have an AKC CD title?

His pedigree shows V rated dogs with Schutzhund titles. Wouldn't they want to breed to dogs with the same credentials?

onyx'girl 04-13-2014 09:35 PM

I don't think stud owners are as discerning as that. They should be however, IMO.

Mrsdasmith 04-13-2014 09:37 PM

Lakoda is working on her titles. She is currently working on her IPO1. She isn't quite ready yet. I know her owner is training with Kris Taylor, Thom Payne and Wallace Payne.

So I don't think it will be too long before she has her title. I wouldn't consider her a hobby breeder. She works all of her dogs. I also know the two owners of Lakoda and Quantum are good friends.

I am hoping that answered your question.

boomer11 04-13-2014 09:39 PM

If they bought the dog then they can breed him with whatever the heck they want. Not to mention titles don't mean everything.

Also money talks. Pay enough and you can find a well titled dog to breed with.

onyx'girl 04-13-2014 09:52 PM

What is your definition of hobby breeder? I personally think a hobby breeder is usually a good responsible one. They don't breed often and they breed for reasons beyond making a buck.
This breeding may have been the right timing for whatever reason(trial season plays into heat cycles/breeding big time).
Some stud dogs are only in the country for a short time, so using him before a bitch is titled makes sense in certain situations. I guess I'd look at the 'hobby' breeders track record before judging

Mrsdasmith 04-13-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 5370641)
What is your definition of hobby breeder? I personally think a hobby breeder is usually a good responsible one. They don't breed often and they breed for reasons beyond making a buck.
This breeding may have been the right timing for whatever reason(trial season plays into heat cycles/breeding big time).
Some stud dogs are only in the country for a short time, so using him before a bitch is titled makes sense in certain situations. I guess I'd look at the 'hobby' breeders track record before judging

Very well said! Thank you!