German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Arko Honest (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/435489-arko-honest.html)

Sabis mom 04-08-2014 02:57 PM

Arko Honest

Can anyone give me any info on him? I have been researching him for a while and the information I am finding is scarce and mostly about his offspring

carmspack 04-08-2014 03:56 PM

so many years ago I spoke with Jan Hrouda , a Canadian who owned Arko Honest . Jan Hrouda - German Shepherd Dog Club of Calgary that would be your best source for information .

My experience with Arko would be through progeny of his son Stormfront's Brawnson.

cliffson1 04-08-2014 05:41 PM

Send me a pm

glowingtoadfly 04-08-2014 06:04 PM

I have a girl whose grandmother was linebred 2-2on brawnson- carlie vom haus fleming. My girl is Macro. Her pedigree is in my signature. I too, am curious.

Sabis mom 04-09-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmspack (Post 5345513)
so many years ago I spoke with Jan Hrouda , a Canadian who owned Arko Honest . Jan Hrouda - German Shepherd Dog Club of Calgary that would be your best source for information .

My experience with Arko would be through progeny of his son Stormfront's Brawnson.

Another one of his sons, Bill Bethme, is my dogs grandsire.

I know the dogs several generations back on his dams side, but other then his sire, I never saw the dogs from his sires side. Now that he is getting old, I'm curious about the dogs that produced him. Since this line, to the best of my knowledge, dies with him I thought it would interesting research.
Bud has never and will never produced any pups, I am not a breeder and he's now almost 12.
But it would be interesting to know if it was possible to get a pup from similar lineage someday.

carmspack 04-09-2014 12:23 PM

Arko would be the great grand sire of your dog?

why not post the pedigree of your Bud

holland 04-09-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmspack (Post 5345513)

Was he the breeder of Brawnson-that is such a great pic of Brawnson

Sabis mom 04-09-2014 12:56 PM

His breeder passed away before the papers were ever transferred. I never got them.
I only know as much as I do because I worked for him for many years and handled most of pups he bred.
The agreement was that I would never sell, or give away the dog. I did not know when he gave me Bud that he was dying, he did.
When I tried to get the ownership transfer completed his children threatened to take the dog, so I dropped it. But I have now had him for 11 years, it's doubtful they want him still, or that any court would take him from me.

GSDNVR 04-10-2014 10:42 AM

I don't know about Arko but I would love to know what you find out. I had a dog out of Arko on the sire side. I will never have another dog that had the natural discernment and balance that this dog had. He spoiled me in everyway.

Not sure what he got from Arko but maybe the more I learn about Arko, the more I could tell.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...bethmezstimson

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sabis mom 04-10-2014 03:55 PM

This is what I don't really understand. This dog appears in pedigrees from everywhere, yet no one talks about him. Was he horrible?

To clarify, Bud was with me for almost 3 years as a foster/rehab placement. He had been horrifically abused and was initially scheduled to be PTS until I intervened on his behalf and begged my boss to give me a shot at rehabbing him. It was a long and sometimes scary road. He was prone to turning on me and everyone else who got near him, he was in utterly terrible condition and had injuries we weren't sure he would recover from.
I would guess that it was when my boss was diagnosed that he made the decision to turn Bud over to me permanently. He had been the father figure in my life for many years and we were very close. Sadly he had not as much time as he thought and left many things unfinished, the transfer of ownership included.
Since Bud was a pet only, I was not concerned. I only started asking when I got curious about Hunters lineage. But at the first hint of 'we want the dog', I backed off. I had had Bud for over 5 years at that point, and no one was taking him from me. Not to mention that this was the last litter and the only thing I had left of the man who taught me so very much.
Buddy was a gift and a legacy, and he is mine. His breeder intended it to be so, and I let him down in so many ways. He wanted the last of his breeding with someone who loved the dogs as much as he did. Not with someone who would use him for an easy paycheck.
I would love to someday be able to get another pup from similar lines. Last fall I lost my beloved Saboteur and Bud is no youngster. But it seemed odd to me that a stud that appears so frequently in pedigrees is so little mentioned, I thought maybe there was some problem with him. But it seems he was solid in temperament and structure, just a bit of a knothead to train.
So, a lot like my Buddy.;)