German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Any insights on this pedigree? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/423450-any-insights-pedigree.html)

glowingtoadfly 03-12-2014 06:52 PM

Any insights on this pedigree?

Viking vom Gildaf

glowingtoadfly 03-12-2014 06:53 PM

Or this one?

Macro vom Gildaf

glowingtoadfly 03-13-2014 09:15 AM

Bump

Blitzkrieg1 03-13-2014 09:59 AM

You have the dog in front of you. What does your training experience and dog knowledge tell you about her.

Blitzkrieg1 03-13-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glowingtoadfly (Post 5190914)
I'm just curious about my dogs pedigree. My training methods have nothing to do with it. Just because we disagree, doesn't mean that I don't respect your input, doesn't mean that I judge or have a closed mind. Thanks.

The traits your dog expresses in training and day to day life tell you a lot about what she is.How does the dog relate to toys, balls,tugs etc
How does the dog handle a correction.
How does the dog relate to strangers, environmental stuff like stairs and slippery floors etc.
What thresholds need to be met for the dog to display prey or defensive behaviors.

Just an fyi there are people on here that provide interesting pedigree anlysis that can help you better understand the traits your dog is exhibiting. However, your threads on training and comments on the subject may lead them to believe that they are wasting their time and I am not trying to be offensive.

I would also suggest a search of YouTube for each one of the dogs in the pedigree I guarantee that some of them have video being worked. Watch the dogs and the expression they display well being worked. Watch the handlers and how they work with the dog. It should be an interesting case study.

Lucy Dog 03-13-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glowingtoadfly (Post 5191042)
I'll ask Melinda about their pedigree. Guess I've been too shy to ask her. Just wondered if anyone had insights, wasn't looking for a debate. I did tell you I'm friends with my breeder and love her dogs right?

What's there to be shy about? Go talk to Melinda, I'm sure she'd be happy to answer your questions. These are questions you should have asked before getting the dogs, but it is what it is.

I've got a gildaf dog. Different sire and dams, but some similar lines. Melinda had no problem going into detail about pedigrees with me. Every question I asked, she answered. She gave me the dog I asked for and he's thriving here with me.

I think I know a little background about your viking prior to you getting him. You haven't had the dog long, right? He was in a bad situation with his previous owners and melinda had to go get him and take him back with her? I guess he was rehomed to you, correct?

lhczth 03-13-2014 05:05 PM

The OP asked about the pedigrees of her dogs. Anything else was removed which didn't leave much of a thread. Either stay on topic or don't post. This is a warning to everyone who went OT.

Thank you,

ADMIN Lisa

lhczth 03-13-2014 05:13 PM

I actually commented on Macro in another thread (I believe the thread on inbreeding) since there is a female with the exact same pedigree (mothers are full sisters) training in agility where I train obedience. The female is good around people, but very very dog reactive (fear based) to the point of going after other dogs. Luckily she is quiet biddable so her handler has good control over her now. She is small and quiet agile and not a bad looking female. Just some definite temperament issues.

crackem 03-13-2014 05:56 PM

On the pedigree. I saw enough of one dog to know that he was one good stick hit away from bailing. He was dirty in the blind because it helped him feel strong enough to stay. Little pressure turned his grip to a chewy mess on a drive. But he's titled :)

Blitzkrieg1 03-13-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhczth (Post 5194530)
I actually commented on Macro in another thread (I believe the thread on inbreeding) since there is a female with the exact same pedigree (mothers are full sisters) training in agility where I train obedience. The female is good around people, but very very dog reactive (fear based) to the point of going after other dogs. Luckily she is quiet biddable so her handler has good control over her now. She is small and quiet agile and not a bad looking female. Just some definite temperament issues.

Wonder if the dog issues are coming through Brawnson..