German Shepherds Forum banner

How to track down the English breeder of my future pup?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  counter 
#1 ·
I'm very close to adding a 4th dog (and 2nd GSD) to our pack. Ozi is a handsome boy who was born in November 2011 in Lakenheath, England. He was from a litter of 9, and supposedly had large parents from both English and German lines. The current owner was given UKC papers to register Ozi, but he lost them in the move back to the US in 2012. I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out how to track down the breeder directly, or via the UKC, based on the few details I have been given. Not sure how many UKC breeders of GSDs are in Lakenheath who had a litter of 9 born in Nov 2011 from English/German lines!?! Hopefully this will help to narrow it down. I'm wanting to contact the breeder and find out more about Ozi's parents, pedigree, health, etc. as well as get him registered. Please help if you are familiar with the UKC, or know of breeders in the Lakenheath area who might be able to help me track down Ozi's breeder. Here are a batch of pics from Ozi meeting my pups for the first time in a controlled setting to ensure everyone got along, which they did (despite the one pic of my Nara putting Ozi in his place for trying to mount her)!

See less See more
#3 ·
am moving this to breeder section, you may get more hits

#8 · (Edited)
What a gorgeous pack!

I really wish you would post photos more often!!!

I hope everything works out!
Thanks as always! I remember how much you like my pack. I realized that I was spending too much time online talking/posting pics/etc. about my dogs while they sat there staring at me, when I should really be playing with, training and loving them more. I'm doing my best to stay off these forums since I don't have a lot of time. We have 3 kids, 5 cats, 3.5 dogs (ha!), and a very busy life with work and my K9 Search & Rescue volunteering/training. I post when I can, but it isn't too often. I try to reserve these forums as a means to answer my questions and seek help from more experienced owners. I just couldn't resist posting pics of our potential new boy! I can't stop thinking about him. I'm already so attached and in love. When the current owners started leaning towards NOT giving/selling him to me, I was saddened. Just yesterday I was told that both the husband and wife are leaning towards saying "yes" so I'm alive and happy again!

#5 ·
Ashley(Vislor) may be of help? He may be familiar with many of the breeders in the UK.

#6 ·
I am familiar with UKC but without the registered name of the dog (or at least a few dogs in the pedigree) I'm not sure what to suggest. Dogs are registered with the UKC once they are already registered with a legitimate registry (legitimate usually being the registry of the dog's birth country that is recognized internationally), so I'd guess that being from the UK that would be the Kennel Club (if he was US bred he'd need to be AKC registered first).

#13 ·
I am familiar with UKC but without the registered name of the dog (or at least a few dogs in the pedigree) I'm not sure what to suggest. Dogs are registered with the UKC once they are already registered with a legitimate registry (legitimate usually being the registry of the dog's birth country that is recognized internationally), so I'd guess that being from the UK that would be the Kennel Club (if he was US bred he'd need to be AKC registered first).
If I remember correctly when I dealt with the AKC for my Nara, the breeder registers the litter, and then I had to individually register my dog. I'm wondering if I contacted the Kennel Club with the birth month/year and location/area, could they help me narrow it down. It seems like there are only 2 reputable GSD breeders in the Lakenheath area, and I'm not sure how many BYBs, but there couldn't have been that many GSD litters born in the same month in the same area. I wonder if the KC could help me with this if Shernaa gets back to me saying Ozi is not theirs either!?!

#10 · (Edited)
Larnmax gsd are in Brandon,Lakenheath near Thetford forest, this is the area your dog came from.I have sent you a link,hope it helps and good luck.
Larnmax German Shepherds
Thank you! I will ask the current owner if this looks familiar at all.

Edit: I just researched their site and I only see litters born in Nov 2010, May 2011, and May 2012. Nothing in November 2011, so I'm thinking this is not the breeder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.