German Shepherds Forum banner

pedigree for active family/puck grandson breeding?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Blitzkrieg1 
#1 ·
Hello my favorite dog folks, can you give me some insight on this breeding as far as how it looks to you? I'm a rookie at thisthis, just looking for a good working line dog

#2 ·
I think you'll get more input if you list a pedigree for the breeding

#4 ·
Yes, a pedigree would be helpful. :) Just saying the pup would be a Puck grandson is only one piece of the puzzle.

#8 ·
For a nice active companion, a puppy from this cross could work. I would want to meet the dogs personally or maybe some previous pups from either dog. I don't know the sire and dam themselves so can't speak about what they have produced. The mother has a lot of generations of dogs that haven't done much. I don't hold much credence with the PPD claim. :)

#9 ·
I agree with Lisa...neither one has been 'proven' in much...but could produce good companion dogs. Puck has been used alot, there should be info out there on the progeny. I think Lindsay recently aquired Winter...not sure she's done so much with her to assess her qualities?

#10 ·
I just ran across this thread and had to comment.

Berlin has trained and trialed in obedience, tracking, agility, flyball and confirmation, and I believe she was also trying herding with him.
Windy has not been with her long and has been showing in confirmation. Pretty sure she was exploring other options with her, nosework, but was still looking for what Windy wanted.
You will be hard pressed to find a breeder doing more with health testing and one who explores so many activities. Dock diving, lure coursing, all her dogs are tried on sheep. She goes above and beyond to find something each dog loves to do, that suits their personality and drive. Apart from that she goes to extreme lengths to find each pup that home where they are the best dog in the world.
A quick chat with her pups owners will reveal happy owners with healthy happy well balanced pups who had the best start they could get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.