German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Is this a good pedigree? Please help. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/398705-good-pedigree-please-help.html)

coulter 01-20-2014 02:03 AM

Is this a good pedigree? Please help.

Hey , so I'm not good at understanding pedigrees yet. So will you guys please tell me if this male, Solo, has a good pedigree?
Thank you

V Solo z Agiru bohemia

gsdlover91 01-20-2014 02:04 AM

Looks like a typical show line pedigree. I don't see anything wrong with it.

KZoppa 01-20-2014 02:05 AM

I wish I could help you. Best I can tell is German Showlines. I know diddly squat about them. Hopefully someone with the knowledge regarding them will chime in.

coulter 01-20-2014 11:09 AM

But just typical? Nothing special?

holland 01-20-2014 11:15 AM

Your breeder might be a good source of information about the pedigree--I don't know but if your dog is special to you that's the most important thing

coulter 01-20-2014 11:35 AM

This is the sire of the deposit I have in for a male. So that's why I'm curious

Lucy Dog 01-20-2014 11:43 AM

There really aren't many german show line pedigree experts on here anymore, so I wouldn't expect too much in terms of feedback.

In all my years here, I don't think I've ever seen anyone analyze a WGSL pedigree like you'd see when someone posts a working line pedigree.

My advice is to see the dogs and get a feel if it's something you like. Make sure they've got all their health testing. I like to see hips, elbows, and DM at the very least for both sire and dam as well as hip and elbows for all the dogs in the pedigree. Get a feel for the breeder and what their goals are and what they've been producing.

gsdlover91 01-20-2014 01:10 PM

The pedigree has some well known WGSL dogs in it. Zamp, Vegas, Pakros etc. I don't know what kind of information you are looking for? It looks like a good show line pedigree. But what does the females pedigree look like?

I am not too versed in pedigrees, I just have a show line male with a few of these dogs in it.

I would ask the breeder about the pedigree.

crackem 01-20-2014 02:02 PM

I think the dog is more important than the pedigree. There are no special pedigrees unless you by the typical marketing BS used to sell puppies. I don't care what kind of dogs you like, show me the dog.

Show me a "special pedigree" I can find you an easy handful of poor health and bad temperament dogs from that "special pedigree"

wolfstraum 01-20-2014 02:18 PM

It is a West German showline pedigree. His sire is a 2 time National Champion (VA1) in Germany, his dam is a daughter of a German National Champion. So, yes, it is a "nice" pedigree....but not uncommon....VA1 dogs are bred to the max....they get hundreds of breedings in their hayday....I don't remember the max allowable per year...but probably over a hundred litters just in Germany....

The male is V rated and IPO1...so that is the minimum most showbreeders will do with a dog....males generally get taken to an IPO3 if the owners have aspirations of showing at bigger events.

Lee