German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Drago Eqidius (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/396521-drago-eqidius.html)

moorebaseball 01-15-2014 03:01 PM

Drago Eqidius

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little more about this dog. His pedigree looks amazing, and I know he has produced some good dogs. I am looking for the good and the bad.

Blitzkrieg1 01-15-2014 05:49 PM

Not sure about the dog but this kennel has dogs in the worlds on a consistent basis. On the flip side apparently they wont sell you a pup without a 6 month foundation which will cost you a couple grand on top of the buy price.

scfang 01-15-2014 07:38 PM

Eqidius has produces a number of top dogs in the last few years and Drago is the sire of Geischa Equidius, which was 3rd in WUSV 2012 and Grandfather of Chris Spod Lazov who is FCI Champion in 2013. I am bought a puppy from the kennel (offspring of Geischa), so far has been great. The 6-month foundation training works well for me as my country has a 6-month rule for importing puppy from country with rabies record.

Here is a video of the puppy at about 3 months old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg6Rp6_2wlM

Will be visiting the kennel this coming March.

Jason Hillard 01-15-2014 08:06 PM

Drago has been imported to the US:

Drago Eqidius German Shepherd dog  Van Den Heuvel K9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 (Post 4839985)
Not sure about the dog but this kennel has dogs in the worlds on a consistent basis. On the flip side apparently they wont sell you a pup without a 6 month foundation which will cost you a couple grand on top of the buy price.

Shaolin 01-15-2014 11:48 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but would you feel as if the bond between dog and owner would lack a bit if the owner isn't the one doing the foundation work for training? I know you have to go through and solidify the commands on your own, but meh...not sure if I would want the first six months to be spent being trained by someone else.

mycobraracr 01-16-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin (Post 4842449)
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but would you feel as if the bond between dog and owner would lack a bit if the owner isn't the one doing the foundation work for training? I know you have to go through and solidify the commands on your own, but meh...not sure if I would want the first six months to be spent being trained by someone else.

Not in the slightest! The bond between handler and dog has nothing to do with the foundation training. Green dogs are a better option IMO. You know exactly what you're getting with a dog that's older.

Blitzkrieg1 01-16-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycobraracr (Post 4842665)
Not in the slightest! The bond between handler and dog has nothing to do with the foundation training. Green dogs are a better option IMO. You know exactly what you're getting with a dog that's older.

Agree with you about the green dog. The question then becomes will they replace the pup if its clearly a substandard specimen after 6 months or will they send it to you anyways? The way I understood it, you buy the pup they do foundation then send it. So what happens if the nerves are less then optimal? If they guarentee nerves and workability I would say its a decent deal.

Border11 02-05-2014 05:35 PM

DragO Equidus in USA

Does anyone have experience with the Kennel VDH that Drago
is currently at ? , I heared mixed opinions may have sold to
another breeder then Took back kennel Name?? How
are the Brood Bitches? How are their Females for
working line and High sport. What state is kennel in.
Thanks for any information you can provide on this
Kennel Vandenhuevel K9.
:)

Border 11

moorebaseball 02-05-2014 10:17 PM

Dari, the owner, is awesome!!! She is located in Oregon. I am going to meet Drago and the females this weekend. I will be getting a male pup from her to do sport with. Her females have some of the best working pedigrees in the world, and Drago has produced several international IPO competitors and winners. I am very excited about the three breedings she has coming up. They will be amazing sport dogs.

Border11 02-06-2014 03:28 PM

Thanks so Much Moore Baseball,
When you get back would love to hear about her Stud
Dog Drago and her females/ if you could
take note on which of her females is the most serious in protection
ie. (hard) and in your own words could you describe the similarities
and differences in her females. would be greatly appreciated, wish I
had the time to go see them also! Good Luck sounds very Nice :-)

Border11