German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   Looking for pedigree info: schutzhund prospect (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/381986-looking-pedigree-info-schutzhund-prospect.html)

antiquelover 12-15-2013 07:05 PM

Looking for pedigree info: schutzhund prospect

Contemplating adding another Shepherd this spring as another elderly dog passed on. My trainer is pushing to go through my Sch 3 w my male first but I think puppy would be a year away from hard core training. Anyway my male will be going for his Sch 2 in the spring. Saw several tempting litters posted and wondered what peoples thoughts might be. Priorities:good nerves and biddability. Would prefer strong nerves and less reactive as I come from a rottie background. No screamers, spinners etc. My current male is a house pet w a good on/off switch, very clear in the head. I do have 3 kids but all teenagers, 2 move out to college soon but a very sharp dog not a good fit.
Litter 1
Gucci van Esblokhof

Kato van Zieta's Hof
Litter 2
Iron von den Wolfen
Zascha ze Stribrneho kamene
Would appreciate help. Seriously spoiled by current shepherd

Mary Beth 12-15-2013 09:48 PM

Since you are so pleased with your current gsd, is it possible that there would be a litter that is related to him? Maybe a brother or a sister is carrying on the line as it were. Good luck in your selection.

dawnandjr 12-15-2013 09:51 PM

Eros is turning out some nice pups.

Jax08 12-15-2013 09:55 PM

I have an Eros (Iron) pup. I'm loving him. Of course...there IS the other side...and his mom is pretty nice herself :)

antiquelover 12-16-2013 09:20 AM

There is nothing coming up in the near future related to my male. Hopefully more people will respond who are familiar w said dogs. I thought the sires were well known enough to get feedback but perhaps not.

antiquelover 12-16-2013 09:22 AM

OK so Eros and Iron are the same dog. You lost me there for a moment. Anybody know anything about Gucci

wolfstraum 12-16-2013 09:31 AM

I'd go for the first litter......I have some of the same lines and have been very sucessful with them.....Ufo on the bottom line of the sire along with Xento Maineiche makes this one a no brainer for me....I like that combo - I have it and know how workable and livable that combo can be....

I also know some dogs in the second litter....male seems to be producing well....the female lines are not always for the faint of heart....

Lee

lhczth 12-16-2013 11:31 AM

I train with two Gucci kids. They suit their handlers well, but are not for the faint of heart. They have a lot of go, go, go all the time and also a lot of "tude" where they don't take corrections well. Gucci himself is not an easy dog to handle. Of the two litters, I would probably look at the second one.

antiquelover 12-16-2013 11:51 AM

Thanks for the info. A lot to think about. I grew up w rotties but the rest of the family is less experienced.

wolfstraum 12-16-2013 11:55 AM

looking at Lisa's comments, the dam's pedigree further on that litter - I probably would not think either litter highly likely to give you the dog you want to live with ....work yes...live with, no

Lee