Can I have you opinion? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Welcome. Check out the breeding sites. No one here will encourage you to breed your dog or your bitch. I am sorry, but CKC (continental) is a junk registry. Papers do not make the dog, but without papers you cannot guaranty that what you have is in fact, a German Shepherd Dog.

You have a nice pet. And you bought another from the same parents, so you have to ensure these to are not bred one to the other. They will try the first time she is in heat, and that can happen as early as six months. Sometimes not until eight or ten months old. Please do not be one of those who say, "whoops, Zues got to our little girl and we are going to be grandparents."
Yeah I kinda got that CKC is just backyard breeder nonsense so don't be sorry lol and for sure the new puppy is getting neutered before she goes into her first heat. The last thing I want is a bunch of inbred puppies!
Zeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus101 View Post
Breeding Zeus is just and idea that I will more than likely never go through with. Also, I highly doubt that my dogs father was born in a puppy mill. Like I said, papers won't my dogs better pets and honestly I could care less if they have them. I believe my dog has excellent temperament as he behaves wonderfully around children/people/other animals and that's all that really matters to me. I just don't appreciate you being so blunt. I asked you for your opinion and I thank you for it.
I could get my Pomeranian registered with CKC and breed him.

He has an excellent temperament.
He has titles and is the fastest flyball Pom in Arizona, 2nd fastest in UFLI.
He's intelligent.
He's beautiful.
Great dog all-around.

But I will NEVER breed him for the following reasons:
1) His parents didn't have pedigrees.
2) He's WAY out of standard for a Pomeranian.
3) There's no need to flood the world with more unwanted puppies.
4) Even if he were to pass all health tests with flying colors, that doesn't mean that he can't pass on bad genes/health to future pups.

Everyone thinks their dog is breed worthy. Go to the shelter and see the repercussions of that for yourself.

Or here.
I can show you.

These were all taken from the same shelter within a few weeks' span. ALL of these dogs were on the euthanasia list.
I haven't gotten any new ones because I haven't been down to the shelter in a while.

This girl didn't make it out of the shelter alive.

Dumped with her pups.

-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Konotashi, thanks for opening my eyes a bit more to why I shouldn't breed my dog. If I was positive Zeus was 100% purebred and sure about his parents pedigree, yes I would breed him. I would rather be a responsible loving pet owner than a fool and have a dog/dogs end up in a kill shelter.

By the way, your Pomeranian really is beautiful!
Zeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus101 View Post
Konotashi, thanks for opening my eyes a bit more to why I shouldn't breed my dog. If I was positive Zeus was 100% purebred and sure about his parents pedigree, yes I would breed him. I would rather be a responsible loving pet owner than a fool and have a dog/dogs end up in a kill shelter.

By the way, your Pomeranian really is beautiful!
I very, very deeply appreciate you considering to reconsider. Thank you for taking the post to heart - it doesn't happen often enough.

And thank you.
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.