Pedigree eval? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Pedigree eval?

Any thoughts on what to expect out of this breeding? I have my thoughts but want to hear others.

Zwinger aus der Königshöhle (Zuchtmiete): Zucht von Yello aus der Königshöhle und Eliza aus der Königshöhle bei Working-dog.eu)
Ace952 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The details of the pedigree and parents are restricted to registered viewers. You do have a good change of getting a sable
Old 02-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

good logical pedigree with planning evident for a strong confident dogs with desire to work -- look into Mike and Mona Pixner for the core combination --
I would expect pushy determined dogs with strong natural instinct , easy to motivate , resilient , tough guys . Not reactive . Not edgy .
Nice !

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

He's a breeder I'd buy a dog from.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

the dam is NZ and has a ZW of 99.....she is line bred on some dogs with less than great hip production....theoretically, the hips 'average' out - but you can still get the same hip structure as a parent/grandparent just like you can get the same croup, ear set, feet etc....

In Europe, I think they tend to be more accepting of the risk of bad hips in a litter, puppies are less expensive and often more of a commodity than here. It is not prioritized or taken as emotionally seriously as it is in this country...cultural difference and one to be aware of when you look at foreign litters.

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

I would expect fabulous working temperament. Hard dogs with strong drives, very good nerve, strong aggression in bitework, excellent work ethic and instinctive behavior. But I would worry about joints. As much as I love Ernst myself, I'm not sure I'd linebreed on him (or in this case a very close linebreeding on littermate offspring of Ernst) for that reason. There are some nice hip genetics coming from other areas of the pedigree which might be enough to offset that risk.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Thanks for the responses thus far. What you all have mentioned is what I saw seeing as well. Dogs with excellent working temperament that will have a good amount of aggression, drives, etc. I would say that hip issues would be in the back of my mind but wouldn't stop me from buying a pup.

@Chris - I did think about the linebreeding on Ernest as I remember the thread about him in which you gave a lot of insight on him in a ped as well as the linebreeding on him.

@Carmen - I see it the same as well. Dogs that you certainly have to earn their respect so they can work with you and not against you. Definitely not dogs you can force to do something.

@MsK - Yes. Hannes is a good guy and I bought my pup from him who turns a year old this month. I wouldnt hesitate to get another pup from him.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

I remember reading a thread on PDB where someone mentioned the fact that the lines that produce really strong dogs with great working temperament can have a high chance of hip issues if you take into account the ZW score.

After some research I see it is true. Peko Haus, Korbelbach, Haus Pixner, Konigshohle... When looking at ZW scores many are in the 90's and 100's.
Interesting as these kennels are known for producing tough dogs with excellent nerve and workability. IMO I rather take all the other traits and take a gamble on the hips.
Thoughts?

I wouldn't though gamble on the other traits and NOT have to really worry about hips.

After this breeding, where would you all go breeding wise after it? I was thinking about going somewhere with a hip improver. A good direction that I have noticed many go in with a breeding like this would then take this dog to a nice dog with Vito in the 2nd or 3rd generation. The same type of dog though and not just a random nice looking pedigree.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I wouldn't gamble on the hips nor for that matter any other traits when I am paying that much money for a pup. I would look around, wait, and get the best I could afford. Also, if I wanted a pup with the goal of competing in IPO, I would consider the US bred pups from strong working lines that have titled parents and at least 3 generations of good hips.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sweet!.....though I have a lot of these genetics....for the people getting these pups, short of any health issues a very very nice breeding.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.