Trying to find my late dogs lineage anywhere! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trying to find my late dogs lineage anywhere!

Almost a year and a half ago now we lost our gsd to cancer. He was the most wonderful dog we have ever owned. Long story short I am looking to find the owners of his lineage to see if his lines are still going, our family is ready to bring another dog into the house and we would really like it to be from his line.

Does anyone know where/how I can contact the breeders that use "aus agrigento" and/or "Von der wienerau" as the kennel name they put on their dogs.

(Please forgive me if I sound absolutely stupid, I am not very savvy on the pedigree names etc. nor do I speak German.

My dogs registered name was Walles Von der wienerau and I know his dam was wiwa Von der wienerau and his sire was Wallace aus agrigento.

Also any opinions on the line would be helpful as well thanks :-)
Kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

These are very similar lines to my current dog out of her sire. All west german show lines. Wallace is my dog's grandfather too. Lots of von der winerau in there too, but no wiwa. Still very similar.

I see this is your first post, so I pm'd you some info just to make sure you get it. Hopefully it helps.

And sorry about your dog.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sorry you have lost your best friend....

Two very prolific kennels in Germany.....as Paul says, West German Showlines.....the owner of Weinerau passed away quite a few years ago, but the lines are still prominent in show line pedigrees

There are many breeders in the US using lines going back to those kennels....if you post your location, the board will have suggestions for breeders who might be local...

I believe that Jeff Lund in TN (kennel name Schneiden Fels) had some showline dogs who might be going back to these kennels, and Charlie Starr at Drache Feld is worth contacting as he has pups right now as well.

Lee

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you! I think we are finally going in the right direction. I am in the NE area specifically MA but would not mind traveling a little ways to find what we are after.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Also you say prolific but that does not always mean reputable? I do not know much about kennels overseas were these kennels known only because of their sheer size? Were their dogs also sound? We never had any issues with Walles but he was also only a pet we never tried him in the show ring. I will tell you we never had anything bad happen when e was around but since his passing the house and our cars have been broken into and our tires slashed. He was wonderful growing up with children and did not have medical issues until the abrupt end.

Also thank you or your condolences
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know there is a good showline breeder up that way (has kirschental lines) .....

Weinerau has a very big history....way more info than I can put on the board....it was owned by one of the two Martin brothers who was president of the SV (Germany's GSD club - the mother club of all GSD clubs in the world) and bred hundreds of litters....the other Martin brother bred under the name Arminius.....When DNA started to be used to prove parentage....hundreds of litters were shown to have incorrect papers.....both kennels were penalized by not being allowed to breed for a period of time (both owners deceased either by that time or shortly thereafter).....to fix "type" - ie, the black and red rich pigmented dog with saddle and modern show conformation, mother/son, father/daughter and sibling breedings were done and reported differently....

So finding dogs with Weinerau in the pedigree is not hard...

Lee

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you for that information! Interesting to know and certainly something to contemplate. Do you have any knowledge of his sire? Wallace aus agrigento? I believe his sires lineage is what we are more interested in. i know you had mentioned drache* feld and I have emailed them with an inquiry, are they on this forum as well?

Last edited by Kaitlyn; 01-18-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Incorrect spelling
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Your dog's pedigree: Line-breeding for the progency of V Wallace aus Agrigento and V Wiwa von der Wienerau

There are lots of famous names and dogs in the pedigree. You will have no problem finding WGSL going back to this lineage. If I were you, I would concentrate on finding a breeding that works/shows their OWN dogs, retains dogs out of their breedings to build their program on, do appropriate health certs, demonstrate soundness through their progeny, and are knowledgeable about the breed. These kennels are famous enough that you can find them in the background of many dogs - the trick is to find a breeder knowledgeable and responsible enough to match you with the correct dog for your needs.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Wilhendorf (in your neck of the woods CT) has used Wallace in their breedings and you will likely find progeny with Wallace in their background in their kennel. I personally wouldn't buy out of them, but there are members here with dogs out of their kennel.

Here are some males coming out of Wallace's breedings that have produced:

V7 Timo von der Jahnhöhe
V Jimmy von Arminius 2000
VA (COL) SG49 BSZCH Hobby vom Altenberger Land
V Niccor von Bad-Boll
VA1 Tacco aus Agrigento
VA (US) Nick vom Ortskern
V Boss vom Elzmündungsraum
VA 2 PORTUGAL 2005 Xenos vom Wildsteiger Land
VA 1(USA) Hooper von der Rohburg
VA10 (USA) Alf von Wilhendorf

These males are not producing anymore and are likely deceased. So you'll probably have to settle for a couple generations down from Wallace - if you can find breedings in the USA that go back to him.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've actually met the breeder of "aus Agriegento". Herr Schweikert judged at NASS 2008 and I was a photographer in the ring. He's an SV judge. I don't remember if he spoke English or not, mostly we use German unless the judge is speaking in English.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.