carmspack BUFFY - Badge on My Collar - breeding for wor - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Girl, you been breeding them like this for years and years....you are a true treasure chest of knowledge for the breeding of working and family dogs.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

.... and then there was Dr Baker , one of Ontario's first bomb dogs . Pope John Paul was the first Pope to visit Canada , that was back in the early 1980's . "Baker" was chosen , to do the preliminary searches for all buildings and vehicles - deem them clear of explosives before the Pope entered.
The fallout if there had been an error would have been HUGE.
I have a picture of our newly appointed Governor General Jeanne Suave in her official residence with Dr Baker the dog, his handler and Her RCMP guard.
This same dog was responsible for the security of the USA President Reagan at Toronto's first G-8 Summit.

and then there was Keno , Purina Hall of Fame Toronto PD K9 ............. and ..........and...........and

they all share genetics -- the same blood courses through the veins of dogs of 2012 --

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Huge congrats, amazing story..

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When these dogs have "it"...the total package they are a sight to behold when they work. My husband experienced it on the military side, now the federal side...these dogs are so important.

Carmen...hats off to you...your breeding program is squared away. It really does take a skill to get it right
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hello Everyone. First time poster here. I just wanted to tell you all that I am Buffy's owner/former Handler. Thank you all for the wonderful comments you have about her. Its nice to see your replies from people who can truly appreciate a good working dog/partner/friend.
J
EOD K9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD K9 View Post
Hello Everyone. First time poster here. I just wanted to tell you all that I am Buffy's owner/former Handler. Thank you all for the wonderful comments you have about her. Its nice to see your replies from people who can truly appreciate a good working dog/partner/friend.
J
Congratulations she is a beauty. Truly a grand dame. May you have many years of health, happiness and fun.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD K9 View Post
J
Welcome EOD K9! You must be proud of your girl! You were lucky she woo'd you to her, clearly a smart doggie
Sooo...who gets the movie rights, who do you want to play you...and...do you think it will be a Carmspack puppy groomed for an acting role?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Congratulations! Awesome work, awesome dogs.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Welcome EOD K9! You must be proud of your girl! You were lucky she woo'd you to her, clearly a smart doggie
Sooo...who gets the movie rights, who do you want to play you...and...do you think it will be a Carmspack puppy groomed for an acting role?

Thanks. She's been retired two years and is doing well. I should hope it would be a relative of hers who gets to play her. As for me, I think it may be Nicholas Cage. Sometimes my voice inflections sound like him. I am currently working a floppy eared yellow lab. He is a GSD in a lab's body though. Hopefully my next partner will be a pointy ear. If nothing else, I'll buy one of Buffy's relatives for my wife at least.
EOD K9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Elite Member

Love this story. What a great dog. Carmen you are breeding what for me and many are what a GSD should be. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html
Debbieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.