German Shepherds Forum banner

Thinking of purchasing a puppy from this pedigree

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  asherkain 
#1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a companion animal and not a working dog. However, like most people I want a dog with solid temperament and breeding. I stumbled upon a breeder with what seems like an interesting pedigree, but it does cross show and working lines.

I'm not nearly experienced enough to tell if this a train wreck. Any advice regarding this specific pedigree would be great: Line-breeding for the progency of Dloui Vom Metzner and Bossy Vom Zidane

#2 ·
Personally - there are a couple of red flags in the pedigree that would make me avoid it....I think it could be high risk for poor hips and nerves...and there is an element of aggression that would not be helped by poor nerves....

Genetics is a crap shoot...what a breeder should try to do is pair dogs who are as similar as possible in positives, while adding compensatory factors for each dogs negatives....anytime you do working x show crosses, you are lacking in the former (complementary) genetics and these two pedigrees just don't show any relationship.....the parents may well be very nice dogs as individuals, but I don't think they have any reason to be bred genetically.

Lee

#3 ·
This breeding does not say "balanced" to me. As Lee pointed out the two dogs do not compliment one another genetically (and not because it is a show/work cross).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.