What line would you assume this litter was from? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If you're serious about getting info about the litter, why not post the pedigree? Or at least more useful info like a link to the breeder's webpage. Or the names of the sire/dam. "Breeder bashing" is not allowed here, so you'll not likely see negative opinions posted publicly- they will be PM'ed to you.

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Who is breeding long coats? More importantly...why?
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

How can two black and red parents produce sables? Since black and red is recessive wouldn't one of the parents need to be sable?

Tara NW1 CGC - GSD 2008
Suli - DSH 2006
TaraM1285 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjackson310 View Post
Hmm okay. I kinda assumed it'd be a mix of sorts. I was surprised to see so many sables in the litter with two red & black parents. The dad is a LC and the mom is a plush coat i believe?
There has to be a second sire. You can't get sables out of two black/red parents...

Oops. Kristin got to it right before me lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjackson310 View Post
Hmm okay. I kinda assumed it'd be a mix of sorts. I was surprised to see so many sables in the litter with two red & black parents. The dad is a LC and the mom is a plush coat i believe?
If neither of the parents is sable, it's impossible for the puppies to be sable.

Why don't you post the pedigree and tell us who the breeder is, instead of dancing all around it? It makes a difference to know who is doing the breeding; if it's someone reputable, you'd have to figure they have a purpose and a goal. Are you sure all 9 pups are longcoats? They might just be really furry stock coats.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Maybe one parent is patterned sable.
I'm guess a show line/ working line cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well, to me the sire looks like a blanket more than anything, however, lately I've seen some GSD that I woulda bet my life to be black/tans and were actually considered sables. Maybe he is sable? I have a candid picture of the dam that I had saved, but the breeder took down the page since all the puppies are spoken for. I think I have a picture of the sire as well but I will have to check some folders.

I have a phobia of sorts about talking about the breeder. I have been ripped apart by a "friend" in the past (maybe because she was mad I wasn't choosing her puppies) and I have seen it happen to many people here. I feel extremely uncomfortable talking about breeders now unfortunately
Attached Thumbnails
What line would you assume this litter was from?-trinity.jpg  
sjackson310 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Okay, I found one pic of the sire, but you can't see much of his red at all in this particular picture because the sun washed most of it out. In his other pictures, you can see it better. He has red and cream in different areas of his fur/body. I edited the background of the picture because the breeder was in it. This one is a candid picture as well, not stacked.

What does double sired mean, btw? He is not a sable, correct? Cause to me, he doesn't look like one.
Attached Thumbnails
What line would you assume this litter was from?-luth-edit..jpg  
sjackson310 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The breeder and her dogs should be able to stand for themselves - not sure why they need a customer defending them. I don't think anyone here is excessively harsh - there are preferences as far as lines go, but most will ok a breeder that has a focused breeding program, does health certs, and works/shows their dogs in some manner. Why should your feelings be hurt if your potential breeder is vetted? You want answers to questions that we can only take guesses at because you don't want to provide more information on the breeding in public. Maybe you would feel more comfortable PMing people for info....or you could provide the info and let people take a comprehensive look at it.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I am not sure what the point of the thread is? A silly guessing game?

Double sired would mean two studs got to the female. You can do DNA but somehow I don't think it would be on file on this litter. He does not look sable from the photograph but ruffle your hands through his coat in the black part. Are the guard hairs banded or solid in color? I have a patterned sable and in the right light he looks like a B/T

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.