German Shepherds Forum banner

Michigan breeder

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Shauney22 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first thread :)

I have been looking for an adult GSD to adopt. I am from Eastern Ontario. I have been emailing with a gentleman who has a dog he would like to place. The information that he gave me was the dog's AKC Registration number as well as a purchase receipt that has the dog's name abbreviated as MSAB's .......

Would anyone have the actual name of this breeder. I would like to do some research before considering the adoption.

Thanks
Laura

#2 ·
The only AKC dog I can find with "MSAB's" is "MSAB's Skippy", DN30655302, DOB 3/31/11. The breeder is not listed on the points and awards report but you could contact the AKC and get the info or buy the pedigree.

#4 ·
I have a spreadsheet with about 60 Michigan breeders. It is not an all inclusive list but I don't see anything that would make sense with "MSAB". I'm guessing that the dog's call name is Skippy but when you register with the AKC you have to have a unique name, so assuming "Skippy" has already been used, it's likely the MSAB part does not refer to the breeder or kennel but the owner that registered the dog. There are no "MSAB" dogs on the pedigree database and Skippy is the only one in the AKC database, so it would be weird for it to be a kennel name if there's only one dog. I believe you have to provide breeder information when you register a dog so you may be able to obtain or purchase this information from the AKC now that you have the registration number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.