German Shepherds Forum banner

Opinion on this line

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  jchilders04 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The PEDIGREE IS WAY OFF BASE -- it can not be correct.

Jon Gjerpe - has shown me several pedigrees of animals that he was recommending to me . I don't recall DDR !

more important is that I OWN two animals, male Griswold Xazziam (so even the spelling is wrong) and Gem Xazziam -- born JUNE 4 2007 . Gris is the sire of several of my dogs including Silva a bomb detection dog.

The correct pedigree for G litter sire -- Chip Kirchberghof
Dam - Bora Heringsmoor

#4 ·
Yes - Jon did do some DDR litters - pups from DDR lines sell well.....he bought and sold so many dogs it was often hard to keep track....he would breed a female, sell the pups and then rebred her and sell her again....a typo putting it in the database? But I remember a conversation about the DDR/sales very distinctly...I believe he bought the female, the buyer backed out, so he whelped the litter, and then resold the female.....very ordinary way of him doing business

Lee

#5 ·
Very interesting replies so far, to say the least lol. I guess I should note that i'm looking for a working dog (schutzhund), that will live at home inside with another 2yr old GSD.

Guess I haven't really heard any positives or negatives, other than the pure confusion that seems to be surrounding this line/breeder.

#9 ·
correct info on DDR lines.....they are not as high prey in general, not as flashy as WGR, not as easy to train....that being said, a mix of DDR and other European based WL often are very very nice dogs when all is balanced out!

My first female that I trained was mostly DDR....did a bunch of Sch3s with her because no one told me I couldn't....it was a real learning experience, and did a WGR male concurrently....so I know the difference! But the pups and grandpups from the DDR female - crossed on teh sire of my WGR male first generation - were terrific....and I like the mix of DDR with WGR and Belgian...

Would I want to try to title a dog 100% DDR background??? Not really - just not as much fun to train and not going to get what the judges want for competition...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Lee

#11 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up everyone; I might continue looking...

On that note, anyone have tabs on a breeder that just had pups or expecting? I have a couple in mind, namely the same breeder my current pup is from. I have a female currently, and so am looking for a male pup since they will live together in the house, lol.

#12 ·
no I realize that the Belgian system is a letter per year -- but in all the litters and then adults that he presented to me over an extended period of time DDR never came up .
Most combinations he sent my way were "hot" sport type .

I would have been interested in this combination - never mentioned it , maybe it was later in the year. Since thing I have "collected" or used (R -Ludwigseck) some of the genetics . I also happen to like Sando Iris.

so if the pedigree is correct for whatever reason including buy , whelp and resell then I stand corrected -- just I wondered because DDR with Jon in emails or pedigrees never came up .

#14 ·
you only have so much time to edit posts,,forget what it is, 5 minutes maybe?

#17 ·
Oh she's doing great! We are just looking for another dog to join the family/and keep each other company. She is a VERY drivey pup, and works very hard to please you/do what you want. She will happily run herself into the ground to complete the task or do what you want; i absolutely love her. And since we're looking for another pup, I find it only necessary to get another working shepherd :)

#18 ·
are you looking for a pup to train?? Dan Cox has a litter due this week - sire is Sean O'Kanes male, dam is IPO3 and proven producer [her pups are LE K9s - drug and patrol, IPO3 and some younger ones working towards IPO and Ring titles....should all be sables, maybe a black possible...

Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.