German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   What Could I Expect From This Cross? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/196408-what-could-i-expect-cross.html)

bethany.cole2013 12-15-2012 04:43 PM

What Could I Expect From This Cross?

I'm still researching bloodlines and such. There is a guy that is pretty local to me that is selling puppies from this cross. Well, the dam's name isn't the one that I will list, however is a full sister to the one I've listed.

The sire:
Bengiman Von Schone Stadt

The dam's full sister:
LABARA VON SCHONE STADT

What could I expect from a cross such as this?

Freestep 12-15-2012 04:49 PM

This is a working line litter - Czech and West German. Hopefully the pedigree gurus will chime in, as I'm not qualified to give any information beyond that. :)

cliffson1 12-16-2012 01:05 AM

A wide variety of working traits...some good....some not as desirable.

bethany.cole2013 12-16-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffson1 (Post 2656622)
A wide variety of working traits...some good....some not as desirable.

Like what, exactly? I'm still trying to learn which bloodlines produce which traits and I would like to know both the good and the bad traits about this cross.

cliffson1 12-16-2012 02:51 PM

It's not as simple as which line produces which traits....it's about the strength of traits and lines, it's about the combining and recombining of traits when two dogs or lines are mixed, it's about whether the two dogs being bred are representative of their line in terms of traits or are they exceptions in their phenotype(outward expression), its about the expotentia effect of the same traits being on both sides of the pedigree, but in one casebeing linebred and in the other case related through phenotype. It's more complex that it seems, but when you tell people this they think you are trying to hoard information from them....not the case at all. It's like explaining a calculus theorem to me....you could try but it really wouldn't make sense to me because I don't understand the interaction of the terms you are using to explain it to me.
It is much easier to analyze an individual dog than project the recombination of genes, traits, and dogs that are in a breeding.

qbchottu 12-16-2012 03:43 PM

What is your purpose for the dog? What has the breeder done in those venues to prove the breeding dogs?

bethany.cole2013 12-16-2012 05:25 PM

The breeder has both parents protection trained and has worked with Matthew Duffy in Indiana and he apparently has bought a couple of puppies from this cross. I would also like to possibly get involved with either some Shutzhund or Personal Protection, but first starting off with titling the dog in some basic obedience such as gaining the CGC, and the Novice title and then moving on slowly. I guess what I'm wanting to know is what could be POSSIBILITIES of good traits and bad traits of this cross. I just don't like very vague statements such as there are good traits and bad traits of a cross such as this lol. I want more specific information on the cross.

lhczth 12-16-2012 05:53 PM

It is very hard for people to look at a pedigree ONLY while knowing nothing about the two dogs as individuals and answer with specifics.

If your goal is maybe doing SchH than I would make that your goal and look into joining a club. Are you in IN?

bethany.cole2013 12-16-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhczth (Post 2656981)
It is very hard for people to look at a pedigree ONLY while knowing nothing about the two dogs as individuals and answer with specifics.

If your goal is maybe doing SchH than I would make that your goal and look into joining a club. Are you in IN?

I'm not in IN, I'm in KY but I have been searching for some Shutzhund clubs that I could at least go to monthly or more if I could swing it. There is a protection trainer here fairly locally that when/if I get the pup I'll be taking her to him for an evaluation. I guess I should be more specific in asking what dogs of those bloodlines are normally like? I mean, I've seen threads on here before where people have told of common traits that certain bloodlines posess and that's what I'm asking for these. Not necessarily what this cross might be, but what each individual lines has tendencies to produce?

lhczth 12-17-2012 04:53 PM

Depending on how far you are from Indi I would go spend some time with their club. Good place to get a feel for a lot of different dogs too.
http://www.ogindyschutzhundundpolizei.com/