Input on this Pedigree, please? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thats just so silly ...both you and Sue have your websites listed in your signature lines and thats not advertising-to say keep looking is cryptic--and just because Sue doesn't think its a good breeder really doesn't convey anything...trust yourself with whatever you decide to go with and whatever your criteria is
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

...although she using a bi-color stud dog...
Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
We are not allowed to bash breeders on this board so often it is just safer (to avoid a warning) to say "keep looking" or "this is not a breeder I would get a puppy from". Sue is just telling you that this is not a breeder she would purchase from.

Pointing to one's own website would be advertising so that too is not allowed.
Good to know- I didn't consider that, was just looking for more information. PM's wouldn't be subject to those guidelines, or?... Bashing is one thing, providing factual information another. This shouldn't turn the thread into a debate about posting information, I'd just like to have information at hand about breeders in consideration if those with the information would consider sending a PM my way.

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Yes, people can bash away in PM's. Information is allowed to be posted and recommendations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie86 View Post
Keep looking....
You mean Haus Gill or the first "breeder" posted?
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catu View Post
You mean Haus Gill or the first "breeder" posted?
I think that reply was to the Haus Gill question..

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't think so . The keep looking was meant for the first breeder !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #28 (permalink)

Al Gill has been around for a looong time, he has 100s if not 1000s of happy customers, and I'm sure a few unhappy ones because you can't please everybody. He breeds with the goal of producing police K9s, and he likes a specific kind of dog for street which may or may not be what's popular at the moment. I won't paraphrase him on what kind of dog he likes because I'm afraid I would misquote him! But he's an honest guy, he'll tell you what kind of dog he has, what you might expect from a pup and if he thinks it'll meet your needs.

A long time Schutzhund guy at our club, who just put the IPO2 on his dog from popular Czech lines, was just saying at training last week that the best working dog he ever had was a pup he got from Al. I used Al's new male Dago on my bitch this year. I didn't breed to sell pups, I bred to have a pup to compete in IPO. My 1st priority was iron clad, unshakable nerve; then good prey, then accessible defense; and finally good structure. I did NOT want any "slow maturing" or weird "fear periods" or any of that nonsense. My pup is just 4 months now, but so far she is exactly what I wanted. Here she is annoying my husband for the ball: Abby von den Wachhunden des Bach, not quite 4 months - YouTube Her 2nd bitework session was at night and she was under 4 months, she was right there at the end of the leash - never hackled, never took a step back. So I'm very happy with my Haus Gill sired pup so far.

All that said, I don't know if Al has the right pup for you because I don't know you. There are lots of good places to get a good working pup in MI/OH/IN/IL/TN, including people on this board, Al is just one of them.
Valerie Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The comment was ambigous-seriously any breeder I was interested inI would go visit and Iwould have a list of things that mattered to me and if I was seeking advice I would seek it from people I actually knew
Old 12-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

I posted in your other thread as well. Seeing as you are from the Dakotas, as am I, I know there is one breeder in MN that has received good reviews from what I have seen that you may want to consider.

Staatsmacht Kennel, one of the top working lines kennel in the world
sddeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.