German Shepherds Forum banner

Input on this Pedigree, please?

10K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  Bountyfull Reg'd Kennels 
#1 ·
I've lightly researched over the last 5 years and got serious about purchasing a Working Line GSD about 18 mths ago. Loads of training and selection research in the last year. Now this is very time sensitive as I have been debating for too long on this litter and need to choose or choose not to choose.

This will be my first Working Line GSD and I know that I will have to gain the experience to be able to be where I currently dream of, :). But I still would like a solid pup to start with. German lines, DDR, possibly Czech, I'm open as long as I get a great dog to start.

Can anyone help me on this pedigree and offer your thoughts and opinions? Also open to breeder suggestions. This litter suffered from Parvo, a male was lost, but the next potential male pick (all black and listed as m1) was less effected and is closer to normal if not normal weight.

Litter: Dartagnan and Kafi Litter 3

Sire: New Page 0

Dam: New Page 0

Thank you for your help!

See less See more
#48 ·
Just a quick response as I am sure you have found your puppy already. I own the sire to this dame of the litter you looked at, Ezekiel Vom Bountyfull is from my kennel, my breeding, I still own him at age 13. His sire Harley lived till he was 12 his Dame, Oleoswyona, lived until she was 14. I bred both, twice. Had two STRONG working litters from these two. All are in Canada as that is where I use to live. The sire Harley, was a security dog for about a year until I moved. STRONG NERVES and drive to die for. The K9 unit in the police department in Calgary Alberta offered me good money for him, I refused. Was not my goal with him. This top line of Kafi has produced some good working dogs. I can not vouch for the bottom (dames) line as I did not bred this dog Kafi.

All I can say you are correct in liking the top line. It's a very good working line and I have repeated several breeding on Ezekiel to the same Czech female for some amazing puppies. Have several all over USA and Canada working and in breeding homes. But again, I can only vouch for the top line, I am unsure how the dame of this dame has produced. And I can only vouch for the breeding's I have used him for. He was used by the owner of Kafi for several years and I do not know what they produced. But when I used him for my program he sired strong dogs of good prey and ball drives. His sires tracking was to die for. Have tons of amazing Harley stores on what this dog has done, from saving my daughter from an attacking dog to tracking her to a school that he had never been to, on the day of an oncoming storm.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.