Input on this Pedigree, please? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

I don't see any attraction in this pedigree and am not sure what draws you to it. It is such a mismatch of bloodlines and dogs that there is absolutely no way to predict what the outcome might be. The genetics are just all over the place and chances are that even amongst littermates there will be huge variations based on what traits each individual inherits from what ancestors.

However, it appears that these 2 dogs have been bred together before this. In which case, ignore the pedigree and look at those dogs as the real flesh and blood products of this mating will provide the best indication of what to expect in the current litter. Get contact information for their owners from the breeder, and contact as many of those people as you can asking specific questions about their dogs as they would relate to your situation and what you want in a dog. If any are close to you, go meet the dogs in person. If that research indicates that the majority of the offspring from previous breedings of these dogs would be a good fit for you, then it is likely that a pup from the current litter would as well. If however most, or all, of those previous dogs would not be a good fit, than I certainly wouldn't expect the current pups to be any different. Don't take the breeder's word for it that they are producing what you want. Not saying that they are dishonest or anything like that, but don't forget that they have something to sell to you. And there is something called "kennel blindness" that can affect breeders too, where just like any other pet owner who loves their dogs they can become too close to their dogs to really see and acknowledge their faults. So it always pays to obtain more objective information from others, particularly those with first hand experiences with the results of these breedings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Wild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What Chris said!
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"I was more drawn to the litter because of the Dam, Kafi, and her imported Sire/pedigree." what? the dam's sire is
Ezekiel
vom Bountyfull
OFA-G

Double K Choice of Texas or "Harley"
black/tan/grey(CANADA)

Harleyphoto
Dekers True Grit
or "Texas"
OFA29F
OFEL29
black/tan/grey
Watch
Dekker Kiona Masuta
Cita Mocha
VESA's L.S.A.T.
CD
Asta Jayr
CD

Sultan's Storm Shadow
Sultan Shadow Magrath Butch 2nd Franzer O'Halloran Leapchew Shadowhawk's Intermezzo
Shadowhawk's Denver Shadowhawk's Fireworks Ole O's Wyona
black(CANADA)

Sunshadow's Target
SchH2

Cherry v Schienerberg
SchH3 IPO3 CDX
V Boris v Trogenbach
SchH3 FH Britta v Korbelbach
SchH3
Sunshadow's Becca
Ulk v Bungalow
SchH3 FHTanja vd Jungen Hansen
SchH3 Chricava's Valencia SunshineV Semiahmoo's Gunner
Western Canadian SiegerQuatsch vom CellerlandSemiahmoo's Rebecca
Western Canadian Siegerin
SG Chricava's Melba
black
Pozmanns Argo
ScH1 BC YouthSieger1977
Chricava's Freda

there are a lot of unknowns and some of the names were a franchise - you bought their stock , bred according to their dictates, pups sold under their name and a percentage went back to them either in pup or cash. yes. Even so that is not reason enough. The dam has a mother line , and you are not buying the dam you are buying offspring so that brings in another 2 sets of parents - 3 lines that are not the dams sire - who is not imported.

this "Their mindset does not entirely match my high level of working dog ideas, but they do believe this match can and has produced high quality dogs with working capabilities" is a contradiction as was the statement immediately before that saying " and it does seem to match what you say about the breeder's aim or intent."
I don't understand ? why in the blazes go with them then. They don't know working , because they are not involved. Just how old is the female? Seems she has had a few litters. Her oldest is from 2007 making them 5 years old. I hope that she was at least 2 years so she is potentially 7 years old with 3 litters under her belt and a fourth possible. When she has that fourth she'll be over 8 years old? Too much.
the sire of the litter has american show lines "Coal Town"
west German show lines extremely angulated "canadian show lines" -- no reason for the pairing . These were not working dogs in any stretch of the imagination.

good luck.

for the pleasure of it, and to be able to offer impressive dogs at affordable prices
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace952 View Post
Sounds like u have your mind made up. Good luck.
If I had had my mind made up I wouldn't have opened the thread. I'd appreciate constructive comments to the issues I requested help on. If not, don't post.

To the others- especially Carmspack, Freestyle, Chris Wild - thank you for your input. I had questions that with your help turned into more important questions that I, myself, needed to provide answers to.

I visited the breeder today and evaluated the pups. They were great pups, but as was said by all, not working pedigree. Had I not asked myself more important questions I may have made concessions in evaluating my test results and purchased the pup of choice in this litter. I did NOT.

Now my search continues and would appreciate any help in locating a reputable breeder in my region. My eyes are set on Haus Gill to start with and will be contacting the kennel. Any thoughts on this kennel?

Any other breeder recommendations in my region?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone22 View Post
I think you could get a more qualified working line pup for around 1500. I'd skip that breeder all together. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Me too!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by intriGSD View Post
If I had had my mind made up I wouldn't have opened the thread. I'd appreciate constructive comments to the issues I requested help on. If not, don't post.

Yes, certainly that attitude will make me (and others more knowledgable?) much more eager to help in any way I can!

To the others- especially Carmspack, Freestyle, Chris Wild - thank you for your input. I had questions that with your help turned into more important questions that I, myself, needed to provide answers to.

I visited the breeder today and evaluated the pups. They were great pups, but as was said by all, not working pedigree. Had I not asked myself more important questions I may have made concessions in evaluating my test results and purchased the pup of choice in this litter. I did NOT. Great for you!

Now my search continues and would appreciate any help in locating a reputable breeder in my region. My eyes are set on Haus Gill to start with and will be contacting the kennel. Any thoughts on this kennel?

Good luck!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intriGSD View Post

I visited the breeder today and evaluated the pups. They were great pups, but as was said by all, not working pedigree. Had I not asked myself more important questions I may have made concessions in evaluating my test results and purchased the pup of choice in this litter. I did NOT.

I like what I see on the Haus Gill web site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Keep looking....

V KK1 Molinari Enzo SCH3,IPO3,VK3,FH (WUSVx3,FCIx4)HOT
KK1 Frodo v Biezenhoeve SCH3,IPO3,HPO3.FCI & WUSV '10-'12, FCI '14. HOT
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013, WUSV 2015
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie86 View Post
Keep looking....
Is there reasoning behind that? Are you pointing me to your website?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

We are not allowed to bash breeders on this board so often it is just safer (to avoid a warning) to say "keep looking" or "this is not a breeder I would get a puppy from". Sue is just telling you that this is not a breeder she would purchase from.

Pointing to one's own website would be advertising so that too is not allowed.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.