Thoughts on this Sire and Dam - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thoughts on this Sire and Dam

Sire-Justin Duffmar (Elute von der Mohnwiese X Easy Duffmar)

Justin Duffmar

Dam-Eri Vom Haus Jaudes
5 generation long pedigree for SHADOW LAND'S ERI VOM HAUS JAUDES

Very interested in the DDR lines of both and Sire and Dam. Does anyone recognize any of the lineage (Both good and bad)?
Espo4442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know Justin (I've seen him work several times and have also interacted with him just being a dog, petting, etc). Justin is a very nice dog, balanced drives, good looking dog maybe on the larger/taller size. He was also very nice "off the field", very approachable, didn't mind me pretending to do show kind of stuff, touching him, etc. I know the owners/handlers of both dogs.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I basically like the Justin pedigree EXCEPT for this rather important part Maya Maya (ohne)

I see this as inviting high risk for some real spooky unstable dogs. Linebreeding on Sagus , particularly through the breeding to Pleuni --- some of the worst dogs I have seen were from Half , Hermes, Pleuni -- one of them a knockout beauty , afraid of her own shadow . Sooner or later something is going to surface when you add Yoschy .
Then the dam portion of this pedigree Eri's does not have enough stability -- not really much of a plan to the breeding - sharpness and suspicion from some elements of the ddr , and west german , and lack of nerve from some of the german show lines.

I see problems with this combination.
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hmm, I guess due to my lack of knowledge about previous lines i'm surprised given the amount of well titled and accomplished dogs on both sides of the sire and dam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
I basically like the Justin pedigree EXCEPT for this rather important part Maya Maya (ohne)

I see this as inviting high risk for some real spooky unstable dogs. Linebreeding on Sagus , particularly through the breeding to Pleuni --- some of the worst dogs I have seen were from Half , Hermes, Pleuni -- one of them a knockout beauty , afraid of her own shadow . Sooner or later something is going to surface when you add Yoschy .
Then the dam portion of this pedigree Eri's does not have enough stability -- not really much of a plan to the breeding - sharpness and suspicion from some elements of the ddr , and west german , and lack of nerve from some of the german show lines.

I see problems with this combination.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I saw the pedigree a lot like Carmen last night when I read it. Felt a little reluctant to delve in it. This breeding could produce a very nice puppy, but it also has the potential to produce a sharp reactive dog without the nerve base to support this. Too much extremes mat both ends. Lines with Yoschy, Sagus, do not mix well with show lines in general. I would rather see the older DDR( East German ) lines than the newer ones for this breeding. Still, I must emphasize that perfectly sound pups can and will come from this type breeding, but the chances of shy/sharp or more drive than nerve is understandable.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yea that concerns me, I need to have a dog that has that on/off switch for workingand that has great nerve and drive but is also biddable and can be trusted around small children and family members. The last thing I want is another GSD that I was scared to go on a walk with in a populated area or have family over. My last GSD (highly socialized as a pup) had to be put in a separate room when company was over because he was unstable and overly protective. I'm looking for instinctive protection vs overly aggressive.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

am with Cliff and Carmen

Don't see any point in throwing all these types together...show, DDR, Czech, WGR, Belgian.....particularly with the individuals in the pedigrees...

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Amount of well titled and accomplished dogs doesn't mean that individual dogs and bloodlines are a good match for one another. Breeding is about enhancing strengths and compensating for weaknesses. One can breed the two "best" dogs on the planet together, but if they are not a good match for one another in terms of the genetics that they bring to the table then the results will not be good ones.

My opinion on this particular combination is the same as Carmen, Cliff and Lee. Not a breeding I would be comfortable with at all.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Chris,
Understood. Was really hoping this litter would be more promising as I love the statue of Justin but I must have the temperament (Biddable/nerves) to match. It really helps with your input on firsthand experience of what these previous lines and past lines have produced. Since my next dog will spend the majority of his life as a loving family dog temperament is important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wild View Post
Amount of well titled and accomplished dogs doesn't mean that individual dogs and bloodlines are a good match for one another. Breeding is about enhancing strengths and compensating for weaknesses. One can breed the two "best" dogs on the planet together, but if they are not a good match for one another in terms of the genetics that they bring to the table then the results will not be good ones.

My opinion on this particular combination is the same as Carmen, Cliff and Lee. Not a breeding I would be comfortable with at all.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

She has experience of what these lines have produced? She has experience -but I didn't read in her post that she has experience of what these lines have produced-the breeder would have that
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.