Curious about Odin's pedigree - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am just trying to learn more about pedigrees also. On my dogs Sire's side I have Vito and Tom also. =)
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I owned this dog -- Bodan Bodan Aus Der Karpatenvorland , a friend still owns his siter Brie and did breed her to a male that I had , Iwo , here is a progeny Fraserglens Moto

I was hoping for a closer resemblance to the dam, Vita Safko, rather than the sire side which is Rodan . Bodan was not what I was looking for as a sire type . I placed him with an exceptional home where he is pampered , happy , as you can see by the picture.
The female, Brie, on the other hand is more like her dam, Vita and has produced some nice animals .
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

Very cool carmspack! What was it about bodan that you weren't happy with? What kind of traits came down from rodan vs vita?

This is very interesting and cool to find people who know/owned very close relatives of Odin's sire!

Havoc ~ (aka "Super") GSD - Rest easy buddy.
Keeper ~ (rest in peace little stinker) (Aussie)
KristiM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I have not care much for some of the dogs I have seen coming down from Rocky Zingelgärten (direct sons). Some good, some a little thin nerved. I have never cared much for Aik Haus Cindy himself. He did nothing for me when I saw him and I didn't like some of the dogs coming from him (sons) so I have avoided his line.

Anyone who knows me knows I hate Dasty Gries (sire of Randa Karthago). Randa seemed to produce well, though, but I had an extremely negative experience with the Dasty line (horrible, horrible nerves) so I tend to avoid him. He is a ways back in your dog, but I am still leery.

As I said, it is just personal dislikes. I am sure there are others that will disagree with me.
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When I first looked on my phone I could only see the first 3 generations. I went back and looked and see Escobar in there as well. I didn't know Escobar, but know probably a dozen of his children or grandchildren. Stable temperments and good noses!
GSDElsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
I have not care much for some of the dogs I have seen coming down from Rocky Zingelgärten (direct sons). Some good, some a little thin nerved. I have never cared much for Aik Haus Cindy himself. He did nothing for me when I saw him and I didn't like some of the dogs coming from him (sons) so I have avoided his line.

Anyone who knows me knows I hate Dasty Gries (sire of Randa Karthago). Randa seemed to produce well, though, but I had an extremely negative experience with the Dasty line (horrible, horrible nerves) so I tend to avoid him. He is a ways back in your dog, but I am still leery.

As I said, it is just personal dislikes. I am sure there are others that will disagree with me.
Very cool to know, that could be where some of the "insecurity" comes from. I wouldn't call Odin thin nerved, he's just not as "tough" as say my younger male. It's really neat to hear about some of these things that may have come from some of his lines. I remember talking to Havoc's breeder about Odin and she was pretty surprised I was looking for "more" dog when I already had a Vito grandson. So I kinda figured there may be some thinner nerved dogs back in his pedigree on the sire side.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

I've seen some quite weak nerves from a litter out of a Rocky daughter, so I'm wary about him as well.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDElsa View Post
When I first looked on my phone I could only see the first 3 generations. I went back and looked and see Escobar in there as well. I didn't know Escobar, but know probably a dozen of his children or grandchildren. Stable temperments and good noses!
It's funny you say about the good noses Odin LOVES tracking, has an exceptional nose and crazy good hunt drive! I'm sure Escobar is far back enough that it wouldn't influence that much but still funny you say that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.