Thoughts on this pedigree? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Thoughts on this pedigree?

Now this pup is mainly just going to be a companion dog/hiking partner/unofficial service/helper dog possibly for some health issues I have.

I will look into some sports though, I've always wanted to try agility or flyball. Not going to lie, schutzhund intimidates the you know what out of me but I'm a tiny woman and not sure I could physically do it. But I'm open to doing sports, I guess it would just be a matter of finding the right one.

Mainly I'm just curious about the thoughts of you all out there with way more knowledge than me.

Sire- V Ford Helena Golden Haus

Dam's sire- V Zarry vom Haus Antwerpa
Dam's mother- SG Reveile Vom Grunenfeld
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This pedigree is WGShow lines, East German Lines, and West German working lines.....lot of genetic diversity overall. It would be very difficult to predict what these pups will be like....little too complex for me.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
This pedigree is WGShow lines, East German Lines, and West German working lines.....lot of genetic diversity overall. It would be very difficult to predict what these pups will be like....little too complex for me.
Thank you Cliffson and fair enough! I did meet the sire and dam on several occasions, although only a small part of the equation, I am absolutely in love with the dam... She is incredibly well mannered, gentle and sweet.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
Was there a point that you can think of to mixing all of these lines together?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'd be curious about this as well.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

the sire is V Ford Helena Golden Haus V and IPO 3 , with the usual GSD show line pedigree
The dam shares her pedigree with Yerick vom Grunenfeld

I like Zarry Antverpa .

It is not that difficult to follow The Zarry sire brings in some good connections to old herding through Bonnie Clausberg, in addition to solid temperament and work-loving Bernd Lierberg through Golf Ritterberg -- (MENTOR Iris ) & Pele haus Himpel and Ingo through Jeff Flamings Sand , great herding through Bert haus Knufken , more Bernd through Grand Himpel, Valet Busecker Schloss, more herding from Enno Beilstein and Racker these two bringing in Ilse and Pirol Kirschental Carmen vom Buchenrangen
and that is the dam's sire Zarry (who I like)
On the dam's side , Gildo, Drigon , Bernd and Marko,

I think there is enough material for stability on the dam -- especially for these purposes "Now this pup is mainly just going to be a companion dog/hiking partner/unofficial service/helper dog possibly for some health issues I have"

Grill the breeder and ask alll sorts of questions about the dam -- her sociability, her coping skills, any sensitivities , noise , weather , motion , surfaces, does she adapt to conditions , does she do well - meaning an easy keeper for health. I would think she would be good .
Ask how they are raised , how they are fed , ask for a referal to one of her previous pups (would this be Grunenfeld?)
See if you can speak to Yeriks owner since this is the genetic combination of the pup in questions dam -- and here is a progeny of Yerick which sort of flips the show line on to the dam portion http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dog.html?id=689581 , which is certainly a very good looking dog ! -- myself , I prefer a stronger dam line and the show male on top line as is the case in the pup in question sired by Ford.
It looks like a kennel attempting a balance with structure and temperament .

is this litter born ?

Last edited by carmspack; 10-24-2012 at 06:36 PM.
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Thank you Carmspack for some very good insight!

And yes the litter is born, they are eight weeks today and yes this is Grunenfeld kennel I'm getting the pup from. I've met the dam and as I stated above she is extremely well mannered and gentle, she had no fear of my husband and I the first time she met us, she loved my husband in fact... Stayed next to him the whole time we talked to the breeder, almost asked if she was for sale too. . Her name is Yeva vom Grunenfeld, I think brother to Yerick and my breeder owns him.

I will ask those things as well, but thank you so much for all the information!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

solid black shepherds

this kennel is dedicated , been in it as nearly as long as I have ! They have a plan and are working with animals that they have produced to bring forward the next generation , with a plan . I don't think you will have any problem .
Grunenfeld German Shepherds home page
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Older thread but do either of you have any opinion on how this dog might do in IPO?

He is six months old now and has been an amazing dog so far, outstanding temperament, low toy/ball drive but loves his flirt pole and tug, I would say moderate to high prey drive. Though this is my completely novice opinion!

We did a herding instinct test which he passed, not sure at this point if we're going into herding or not... had some issues with the way they train at the place I was going to.

Just curious on your thoughts especially given he is not a full WL dog.

Thank you!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Line-breeding for the progency of V Ford Helena Golden Haus and Yeva vom Grunenfeld

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.