Hanach Jipo-Me 4th bloodline? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #31 (permalink)

Thanks Cliff, it certainly does help, particularly your point about analyzing the female lines. Of course, analysis of the female lines could give rise to a whole host of other questions! I will give it a break . . . for now, lol.
jmdjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I do feel that the female line is of high importance , should be the treasure trove of the genetics being preserved , and each advancing generations is positive additive , bringing in the valuable male lines .
When there was crisis in the breed the answer was always to go to the stablising working females -

here is an interesting pedigree I found starting to introduce some really good "west" genetics into the Czech breeding scheme Zanet Jipo-Me ---- and that is through the very interesting Vito Waldwinkel !!!

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Carmen - I would be VERY interested in your thoughts of the pedigree you just posted.

My female is Xant/Puci (Masa full sibling is my females mother) and is also a WG/DDR cross on the top. I find her FANTASTIC and although she is a lot of dog for most, is a very nice female as she matures.

The bottom half of the pedigree you posted is EXACTLY what I have been looking for in years - and would like to add another in a year or so.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I love the dam side of this pedigree also!!!
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Is this the bottom line that you mean Masa , mother of Zanet? VD Masa Jipo-me -- check out what she has produced -- check out what she is linebred on -- do you see some recurring things ? Is what she has produced what you would like? When you work with a dog only the dog matters (more or less) when you are looking at breeding then what the pedigree produces is primary importance.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am looking at both Carmen.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
Crowned Member

And yes, I was talking about Masa.. sorry, should of been more clear.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

found this -- Line-breeding for the progency of Ruger Van Den Heuvel and Zanet Jipo-Me

get your first hand information about Zanet from them
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #39 (permalink)

When looking at blood lines, someone asked why a dog from the 8th gen may be relevant today. The reason that breeders like jinopo have the edge is because of the phenomena of selection (for observable phenotype). So if they breed Ingo for a certain characteristic, eg solid nerve, or big head, or whatever...they will select that characteristic in the puppy that shows it best. Next they breed that puppy and the line goes on. This kind of breeding selectively enriches for a stud's dna and soon it may become fixed. OTOH a random breeding where Ingo is in the 8th gen, is just that random. If you are lucky, you may hit the jackpot, though the actual DNA contribution from the 8th gen Ingo in a random breeding is 0.39 %. If you wish to read related discussion, pl. see
Alpine K9 Czech German Shepherds - View topic - Making sense of line breeding
guddu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is a gem of an answer --- a good breeder has a goal and pilots each generation " So if they breed Ingo for a certain characteristic, eg solid nerve, or big head, or whatever...they will select that characteristic in the puppy that shows it best. Next they breed that puppy and the line goes on. This kind of breeding selectively enriches for a stud's dna and soon it may become fixed. OTOH a random breeding where Ingo is in the 8th gen, is just that random. If you are lucky, you may hit the jackpot, though the actual DNA contribution from the 8th gen Ingo in a random breeding is 0.39 %. "

It is the selection for a type and that goes beyond conformation , extending to behavioural and inherent deeply seated instincts , which include herding (border), and fight drive, desire to work -- they are just THERE ready to be used , or not.

great insight guddu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.