Input on this combo? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VonKromeHaus
Default Input on this combo?

Input on this pedigree combo? Good,Bad? I am thinking it should be a nice combo knowing the dogs and the way they both work. I've had a lot of good reviews on the pairing pedigree so far but am curious as to what some others think?

Line-breeding for the progency of Osyrius SilverKrome GTOVonMarionHaus and Galaxan of Kreative - German Shepherd Dog
VonKromeHaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

I see posters saying all the time, breed / get puppies from parents with titles, the female has only a CGC, your male a cgc, dock diving and RN.

Comment on combo? no comment here, but just 'saying' on titles and breeding I see no OFA's either, but could be they just didn't put them in.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

CGC is going to be recognized as a 'title' Hope people don't decide that is a good enough one to warrant breeding.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I agree on the titles - my question for the breeder would be why did they want to breed these dogs before they were titled in a sport and/or working venue? To me CGC doesn't mean much as a stand alone title, but is a great thing to have in addition to obedience, herding, IPO etc titles, or in addition to the dog being a "working" dog(Farm herder, therapy, Police etc).

Also, you can look up both dogs on OFA, both have "good" hips and "normal" elbows.
N Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

As someone who is trying to learn about pedigrees, I would be more interested in reading about the good or bad of this genetic combination rather than a discussion about the dogs titles. Just because two dogs are IPO3 FH2s don't mean they are a good genetic match.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Wow. Where did I say I was doing the breeding? I didn't. The male will have his 1 before the breeding happens,if it does. Both dogs can work and do work. Both are personal protection dogs. Furthermore, all health testing has been done. Both are DM clear as well. I am one who believes that the titles don't make the dog. My dog after HR is titled will still work the same as he does now.

We are hoping that the female is titled before the breeding but it depends on her owners work schedule and when/if we decide to do this. Probably about a year out so both dogs should be titled.

I was just looking for input on the pedigree combo since it would br a complete outcross. Hence the reason I posted in the bloodlines and pedigrees section.

Last edited by VonKromeHaus; 09-24-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
As someone who is trying to learn about pedigrees, I would be more interested in reading about the good or bad of this genetic combination rather than a discussion about the dogs titles. Just because two dogs are IPO3 FH2s don't mean they are a good genetic match.
That's what I wanted too. I have my opinions on it but wad curious SD to what others saw in the pedigree combo.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Unfortuantely, too many think titles are what make the dog, not genetics. I think genetics should always be looked at first along with the health of the lines.

I honestly cannot give you any help with the pedigree though. I would pm cliffson

At the rainbow bridge:
Zappa 12/27/00-1/23/12 You are my heart, my soul, and my best friend. You will be with me always.
Zeus 5/9/12-8/13/12 You taught me strength. Run free.
jaggirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKromeHaus View Post
Wow. Where did I say I was doing the breeding? I didn't. The male will have his 1 before the breeding happens,if it does. Both dogs can work and do work. Both are personal protection dogs. Furthermore, all health testing has been done. Both are DM clear as well. I am one who believes that the titles don't make the dog. My dog after HR is titled will still work the same as he does now.

We are hoping that the female is titled before the breeding but it depends on her owners work schedule and when/if we decide to do this. Probably about a year out so both dogs should be titled.

I was just looking for input on the pedigree combo since it would br a complete outcross. Hence the reason I posted in the bloodlines and pedigrees section.
The first thing I did when you posted the pedigrees, was to look at them and see if there were any dogs I recognized. Some nice dogs showed up, no red flags, but I would still ask anyone I was hoping to get a dog from WHY these two lines/dogs?

The second was to look at OFFA.ORG to check if any testing was done through them. There was and the results were good. Check.

The last in looking for a dog is to look at titles, because yes genetics and health are important, but as someone buying a dog from someone I don't know, I want to see if the dogs have been assessed independantly, by someone who does not have a stake in this dog and its litters produced.

People can always say how great their dogs are, I want you to show me. So from a buyers perspective I want to see how the dog was tested and how the dog came out. Titles can also mean (not always) that the handler trained the dog, so they get to know that dog inside and out. Which is always a side I want to hear about when questioning a breeder.

I also agree that titles don't make the dog, but if you have a dog who you say can perform a certain task or at a certain level, titles can help back up your claims.
N Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I also agree that titles don't make the dog, but if you have a dog who you say can perform a certain task or at a certain level, titles can help back up your claims.
I agree with this^^ . I track my dog 4-5 days a week, but I haven't gotten (gone) for any tracking titles so I can say my dog "works" as well. Doesn't mean I'm breeding her

If they are PP trained, why aren't they certified?

I see alot of high competitors on this board work but they still find the time to go out and title their dogs.

You've bred your male before, so I guess why even ask?.

Cliff would be the one I'd be asking on the pedigree combo

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge

Last edited by JakodaCD OA; 09-24-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.