Input on this combo? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Um, because this is the place on the forum to discuss bloodlines and pedigrees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Um, because this is the place on the forum to discuss bloodlines and pedigrees.
Titles play a part in the pedigree, think of all the times you looked at one and after looking at the individual dogs, you looked at titles earned. For someone looking for an IPO sport dog, going off a ped only, I don't think they will continue looking if it is all conformation titles....just saying. They are not the end all, but they definitely contribute and/or take away from pedigree. Just like posted health results.

So out of curiosity I am asking a few questions of you as a "breeder":

Why did you choose to breed these two dogs? What is your goal with this breeding? Are you breeding for a certain "type" of dog?

What do you think each line will bring to the table?

What Strengths vs weaknesses do you see in each dog? And can you see coming from this breeding?

What is each individual dog like to work with?

Do you own both? I see on your website that you don't own any females? Or is it just not updated?

What tools have you used to have both dogs assessed by an independant eye? What qualifications did this person have to to back up his/her conclusion?

These are questions I would ask when inquiring about a puppy from an up-coming breeding. (In addition to health etc questions)
N Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

And one other question to add to the above;

Do you have buyers willing to purchase pups when the parents don't have any titles?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

Sorry RobK, I linked the wrong quote. My post was meant for VonKromeHaus...
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKromeHaus View Post
We are hoping that the female is titled before the breeding but it depends on her owners work schedule and when/if we decide to do this. Probably about a year out so both dogs should be titled.
How old is the male? I thought I had read in a previous thread that you have been trying to title him for a few years? Sorry, I can't remember if that was you who posted back then.

Has he attended any trials since then?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VonKromeHaus

An RN is a title..just saying. I have a waiting list of people, all IPO competitors currently 8 of them waiting for a breeding. I do not own the female. I haven't chose to breed this pair yet. Not sure we will. The male is 5 and has attended 1 IPO trial in his life. We train a ton don't trial as much due to my nerves. He has been evaluated by s world level competitor and the critique was nothing but good. Conformationally, the pairing would be nice. She has what he lacks and he has what
she lacks. Working wise, she will bring s bit more fight drive and he will balance it out with some prey drive,he is more prey driven than she is. . He brings in a bit more friendliness to her higher aloofness. She brings a nice natural level
of aloofness without it being over the top. He is a little too friendly for my liking while she is a little more aloof than I like, a middle is what I want. We could get extremes of one or the other too.

As I said, I was curious as to what others see in the crossing of the lines. The rest of it is frankly no ones business. That's why I posted in the pedigree section, not anywhere else. I wasn't looking for questions or critiques on the desicion whether or notbto breed them or on their titles or lack of. My male has sired 1 litter at the age of 5. All are doing extremely well in their intended venues. All are accounted for and microchipped with me as the secondary contact. I don't breed a lot...if ever and don't plan on it.
VonKromeHaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

well I guess when you put something out there, no matter what forum you post in, you have to expect comments that may be outside the box

Honestly with the amount of good dogs being produced out there, if I were an IPO competitor I would be looking at a breeder who titled dogs in IPO. When one wants to play with the big dogs they normally go to the ones who play with their big dogs.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
well I guess when you put something out there, no matter what forum you post in, you have to expect comments that may be outside the box

Honestly with the amount of good dogs being produced out there, if I were an IPO competitor I would be looking at a breeder who titled dogs in IPO. When one wants to play with the big dogs they normally go to the ones who play with their big dogs.
LOL - I wish there were like buttons here!

I SO FREAKIN' agree!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VonKromeHaus

My dog is a good dog and believe me, he can hang with the big dogs. I fully intend to title my dog before/if the breeding happens. He is still the same dog without the title, he needs it cause I feel he does. Obviously the people waiting for puppies who have SEEN him work and seen his puppies from the first litter feel that he is a worthy producer. I'm wondering what people will say when a couple of those on my waiting list pop up with a Judge puppy, these aren't weekend warrior type people.

You are more than welcome to your opinion. I am a bit disappointed that a moderator was allowed to take a thread off track and cause drama.

I will say it again, I wanted opinions on the pedigree, nothing more or less.
VonKromeHaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

Is this your last litter posted on KIJIJI? Did you have a waiting list then as well? It says in the ad that you can't take deposits until pregnancy is confirmed, do you think that any of the people on the waiting list might back out?

This is your ad, correct?

Details forAKC German Shepherd Puppies
Address:Kennewick, WA 99337 (map)
Date Posted:01/17/11
Offered by:BreederDescription
Here is a link to my website... www.vonkromehaus.webs.com This breeding is not taking place until spring of this coming year. I am taking reservations on this litter as of now. Deposits will NOT be taken until pregnancy is confirmed. This is a breeding worth waiting for..this pairing should produce some VERY nice working dogs and preference is given to working/sport homes. Active pet homes will be considered depending on the puppies produced. Both parents have been OFAed hips and elbows! The sire was also tested for DM and is DM Clear! I am very excited for this breeding.Please e-mail me if you are inteerested or have any questions. The sire is the one pictured, more pics available on my site!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.