Czech dogs - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
With these blends is there any difference with a Czech fatherline vs a Czech motherline or since it is typically an outcross does it really matter? I know enough about breeding to be really dangerous if I tried it.
I know nothing about breading but I do know pannus is classified as autoimmune and it is my understanding that autoimmunity runs down the mother lines. At least in humans.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
With these blends is there any difference with a Czech fatherline vs a Czech motherline or since it is typically an outcross does it really matter? I know enough about breeding to be really dangerous if I tried it.
I think that depends on who you ask....the yahoo-gsd euro group gets extremely analytical about who is where in a pedigree.....

on my litter - the czech lines were in the male side, both female lines (his sire and his dam) were Czech lines....I did see some common traits in the pups as youngsters (a little suspicion of people in distance) which they matured out of .....that I had not seen in any ohter litter....

Lee

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I once had a Czech/WGWL bitch. She was a bundle of explosive energy; hard as nails, afraid of nothing, very social with people and other dogs, but was obsessed with cats in an unhealthy way. She was a bit ADD, not particularly biddable or affectionate, just wanted to play play play--prey drive off the charts. She was a neat dog in a lot of ways but not the dog for me and my cats. She also had moderate HD, but you would never have known it, she was in perpetual motion and as quick and atheletic as they come, never showed pain or lameness. At about 18 months of age, I rehomed her to a SchH enthusiast with no cats.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
tsb

Thanks, I appreciate everyone's input.
tsb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Though I think it makes a difference, for practical purposes I think most people look at the sire/dam line interaction.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Pannus is genetic and a auto immune disorder. I had a dutch dog that had Pannus and polyarthritis and probably DM she went down at 11 yrs weak in the hind end. This was many years ago before DM was known as well. Pannus is treated easily as long as the owner will be dedicated to treatment. Pannus does not show up many times until the dog is a adult . Please post the pedigree of your Czech dog that had these disorders. My Czech dogs have been free of auto immune disorders but always good to learn. I have heard of two other Czech dogs with Pannus and they had a similar pedigree.
GCK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.